Chapter Forty Four

-----------------

Dedication: Olivia_taylor_ for voting for so many of the chapters! Thank you!

Recap:

"I have to get back to work. You feeling okay?"

"Fine, mum," I replied, my voice still raspy. "Thanks."

She gave me a tight-lipped smile, before disappearing back out of the room.

"Do you think he's going to come here and see you?" Harvey asked me. "Hayden, I mean."

Biting my lip softly, I swivelled my eyes back to the door.

"I hope so."

-----------------

Mia's POV:

I slid out of my shorts, feeling the sting of the cool air on my bare thighs. I unzipped my jacket and shrugged it off my shoulders, before placing both neatly into my gym bag.

After drawing my blonde hair into a low pony tail, I turned and let out a startled gasp as Coach Brennon stood there, a lazy smirk on his face as he watched me.

"Coach?" I asked slowly, a little uneasy that he was standing there, watching me undress from my casual clothes, into my swimmers.

"Mia," he smiled back. "How are you?"

"Good," I replied curtly, meeting his eyes a little nervously. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes," he smirked, his eyes dipping down to my legs. I felt the hairs on my arms bristle under his intense gaze. "Just not right now."

Just as I was about to ask what he meant, I heard footsteps, knowing that the rest of the team were arriving. I pride myself in being the first here every morning. It proved to myself, my parents and the Coach that I'm very serious and dedicated to swimming.

Pulling his bottom lip into his mouth seductively, he winked at me before he sauntered out of the room.

"Morning," I heard him murmur.

"Good morning, Coach," the voice chirped back, just as Carrie rounded the corner, her dark eyes meeting my eyes. "What are you looking at, Mia?"

"Nothing special," I muttered, grabbing my towel and stomping past her. I headed out to the locker room where I lined up.

Coach Brennon's eyes lingered on my mind as I thought about the way he looked at me and the way he stood there, silently watching me undress...

"Hey Mia," Hayden greeted and I felt the thoughts of Coach Brennon disappear from my mind as my stomach fluttered.

"Hayden," I beamed. "How are you this morning?"

"Good," he replied, tossing his bag onto the bench. "Mike coming today?"

"Not sure. I texted him last night and he was still sick."

"Hope he's all right," he frowned and I watched, lips parted, as he shrugged out his jacket, having no shirt on underneath.

Hayden is by far the hottest guy in school. He is gorgeous and that smile... That smile made my entire day.

He stepped out of his track pants and I looked away, feeling a blush kiss my cheeks.

"Not even first period and I've already got your pants off," her annoying voice smirked as she brushed past me like I wasn't even there, zeroing in on Hayden.