Chapter Seventeen

----------------

Dedication: Caessium for the amaaaazing book jacket! It looks awesome!

Recap:

"I miss you."

She turned, pressing her palms to my cheeks. "I'm sorry that I'm never home and I'm sorry that when I'm home, I'm tired."

"I get it, your job is demanding."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

She pulled me into her arms and I buried my face into her chest.

Turns out, this was a day filled with surprises.

-----------------

My eyes feel heavy with exhaustion.

Rubbing my face wearily, I roll over to the other side of my bed. My eyes fly open as the time reads 10:15am.

I sit up, peering around and groan loudly, before falling back down onto my mattress. I must have been so tired last night, I forgot to set an alarm. I missed swim practise and I was very late for school.

Unplugging my phone, I pull it towards me. I have a missed call and seven messages from Harvey. My heart swells as I see his name on my screen. Does this mean he isn't mad at me anymore?

Missed Call - Harvey at 9:21am.

Harvey: You're late.

Harvey: Okay, are you not coming or?

Harvey: Look, I'm sorry I got mad at you. Can we just move on from this and pretend it never happened?

Harvey: Great. You're avoiding me AND ignoring me now. Cool.

Harvey: Okay, come on. Let's just be mature about this. Yeah, we're best friends, I'm happy that we are. I don't want anything to change.

Harvey: Can you just reply? Or better yet, COME TO SCHOOL!

Harvey: P.S You missed swim practise. The Coach is going to be pissed.

I roll my eyes and feel an immense relief that he is talking to me again.

He is right about one thing. The Coach is going to be pissed. Tomorrow is going to be hell.

Grace: You're a dork. I just woke up. Come over tonight for dinner?

Harvey: Thank God!!! You scared me half to death.

Harvey: Were you avoiding me tho?

Grace: I forgot to set an alarm last night.

Harvey: Right. Dinner sounds good, I'll be around after school.

Grace: Sweet.

Harvey: We're all good, yeah?

Grace: Of course.

Harvey: Good. See you then.

Grace: 👍🏼

Laughing quietly to myself, I drag my body out of bed. I can't keep the smile off my face as I prepare breakfast. I'm so glad, beyond words, that Harvey and I are okay. 

As I have the day off, I decide to put myself to work. After letting my stomach settle after breakfast, I went for a run and then proceeded to complete the work out I did last Saturday.