Chapter Thirty Three

-------------------

Dedication: xLovEtoLivEx for creating a playlist for this story! Thank you!

Recap:

She giggled, before stumbling back out.

"Hey guys, you won't believe what I just saw!" I heard her yell out but my mind was only occupied with one thing right now.

Hayden.

My mind was going to be occupied with him for a while.

-------------------

Mia's POV:

"Hey guys, you won't believe what I just saw!"

My head snaps up at the sound of Leisel's irritating, drunken voice. I want nothing more than to pour the rest of my drink down the front of her shirt. She knows how much Hayden meant to me and yet she still gave Hayden the dare to take Grace upstairs.

Traitorous bitch.

Not only had that transfer taken my #2 ranking in the team, but she has also stolen my friends and the one and only person I thought I loved. She has taken everything from me and she hardly had to try.

"Hayden and Grace are totally making out!" she gushes as if this news is life-changing.

I make a face at her words, feeling sick to my stomach. Getting to my feet and throwing my cup purposely to the floor, knowing the raspberry vodka will stain her carpet, I rush towards the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

Leaning heavily onto the sink, I grip the basin, my fingers trembling.

Carrie ruined my life. We started out as good friends. I told her everything--including how much I adored Hayden Cameron. Hayden and I had been friends for so long and we just worked. Then it all changed.

Carrie was everything Hayden wanted. She had the height, the muscle, the glamour, the dark hair, the long eyelashes, the deep eyes, the red lips, the curves that made every boy stop and stare as she walked past them in the hallway.

She had everything I didn't.

I would never have done what she did to Hayden. She took him from me and then betrayed him.

Of course, I had to get evidence. Of course, I had to show Hayden the monster he was dating.

The day Carrie left school was one of the best days of my life. The pure freedom I felt was exhilarating. I felt like I could finally come up for air. Although the entire ordeal with Carrie and Hayden's family changed him for the worse, he still had a huge spot in my heart.

I waited patiently through his struggles and the pain he was enduring. I was there for him when no one else was.

It was meant to be us. We were finally meant to get the ending we deserved.