Loss

Chi didn't see herself realising that she'd never see her brother again. 

She didn't see herself standing in pouring rain, in front of the KIA stone, with a new addition to it.

Her cheerful, happy, goofy little brother. 

She remembered him coming home waving his Konoha headband, eyes shining with happiness at his new status. It had made Chi happy to know that her little brother, Obito Uchiha, had become a ninja.

Her little brother was the light of Chi's life.

It was what kept her going, what motivated her on missions, her sole reason for living. She loved her little brother.

But he had died. 

He had died for his teammates.

And it killed Chi Uchiha inside.

Chi didn't want to be standing in front of the KIA stone, her brother's name now engraved permanently on to it.

Set in stone.

The rain was bucketing down on the lush green leaves, and pale pink blossoms of spring now, as if Kami was crying as well. A rhythymic pattering sound came, comforting Chi. 

It sounded like heartbeats.

But Obito's heart would never beat again.

That stupid, stupid war. If it hadn't been for old, selfish people, and petty conflicts, maybe her little brother would still be grinning at her, bugging her to teach him an 'awesome new jutsu' of the sort.

Together, the sky and Chi both cried. A rainy, spring day, when people should be inside, eating, laughing, and chatting, passing the time, waiting for the rain to go.

But as Chi stood in front of the stone with her brother's name on it, engraved among many other shinobi, who had died in field as well, she knew this feeling would not pass as the rain would.

The seasons would change, and heat, wind, rain or snow, Chi would never move on from her loss.

This wasn't how a shinobi should be. They should accept their losses, that it was fate, a part of life, and move on quickly.

But they didn't have a bond like them. 

A brother and sister.

Blood siblings, close as could be.

She lived for him.

When Obito was born, Chi had been ten and overjoyed to get a sibling. She had taken care of him more than their parents. But then he became a ninja, and she knew she had to let go and stop babying him. 

And look where that got her.

The light was gone. Chi was now a empty shell. Her brother dead. 

She had no more reason to live. To carry on.

Her little brother was dead, and Chi would never get over it. 

The seasons would pass. 

But Chi would still stand in front of the slab of stone.

 Crying.

Okay

I'm done

Sorry if it's inaccurate. I don't actually know what season Obito 'died' in. And the timeliness probably bad too... Sorry.

Okay, Mirlae OUT!

- Shikigami_Dance