"Then there comes the problem of my age. Not only am I a Royal, I'm a year older than my peers who I'm currently training with. Despite laying dormant, my powers have had a year more than the others to sit and mature. It's a huge possibility that no matter what I say, my Trials title might be stripped and I might get barred from participating ne-this year." I sighed, looking. Up into Christopher's eyes. "So, it will be better if you're not involved in any of this."

"So, you, Mich and Wafi... the three of you... are just going to lie to the most powerful authorities after the Regents themselves?"

I grimaced, feeling apprehension build in me. "I... We are. Wafi never counted on me winning the Trials."

Christopher's brows furrowed. "First of all, ouch." I chuckled softly at that, remembering feeling the same way. "Second of all, are you not going to mention the fact that you are part Water?"

I let my head fall forward as he said that, feeling the burden on my shoulders all over again. "We... Wafi will tell them about our parents. I'm pretty sure they'll make the connection without him informing them anyway. He's the adopted Royal, everyone knows that. Since the possibility is far-fetched, we can't tell them that I've discovered I'm part-Water without bringing you in."

Christopher squeezed my hand. "I want in."

"No." I snapped immediately, my head jerking up to immediately face him. He'd moved close again, we were barely inches apart. "I will not have two Prince Regents lying for me."

"Fiera, I-"

"No, Christopher! Who goes in front of the Tribunal for me is not up for debate!" I stepped away, throwing my hand out. "I will not have you dragged into the political shitstorm it will become!"

"That is not up to you to decide!" Christopher snapped back. "If I wish to go up to the Tribunal and side for you, I will!"

"You will not!" I pushed him harshly away. "Wafi is working too hard to make sure that I have an easy transition into being a Royal and I will not let you mess it up!"

"Fiera, I have been part of this entire thing since the beginning! You cannot just keep me out of something that I have had a huge part in shaping!"

"You do not get to decide that!" I stomped my foot. "This is not something Wafi, or I, want to involve you in!"

Christopher suddenly took a huge step forward, capturing my face with his hands. He leaned in, eyes blazing blue in anger. "You do not get to decide what I want to be involved in!" He hissed, a few inches from my lips.

Ignoring his breath tickling my lips, I managed to fire back. "It's my life! I don't want you to be involved in what's coming!"

"I'll tell you what I want to be involved in!" He whispered, eyes on my lips as he suddenly kissed me.

His hands shifted away from my face to get tangled in my hair as I immediately gave in, my hands wrapping around his chest. I'd missed him so much. All our frustration and anger at each other came out in this one kiss. My lips fighting against his for dominance just as we were fighting just now.

"I miss... missed you..." He whispered against my lips before I pulled him back to me by grabbing his jacket.

"This..." I pulled back for a few seconds "this does not mean... we're back... together..." I managed to mumble out as he peppered kisses along the side of my face. I moaned softly as he nibbled my earlobe.

"You don't... decide that!" He growled once more.

"Yes, I... do!" I fought back, making him gasp as I bit his lower lip.