30.

I woke up in the middle of the night once as Sean got up. I didn't move as he changed and left. What a relief. Atleast I wouldn't have to make awkward small talk in the morning.

I immediately dozed off once I heard the door close with a click. My sleep was peaceful, deep. I barely had any dreams, waking with a start as the bedside phone rang.

The first thing that hit me was the pain. My entire body throbbed with yesterday's exertion. The healer had warned this would happen. She had said that despite having healed a majority of the injuries, my muscles would still hurt. She had fixed a lot of physical injuries, but not extended it to the muscles as I already had a lot of healing. There was apparently a limit to how much the body should be healed.

I scrabbled for the phone. Not even bothering to let the lady on the other end speak, I mumbled, "I'm up, I'm up." Into the receiver and slammed it back.

Atleast last night had been fulfilling. It had been a while since I'd spent the night with a guy and Sean did not disappoint. I smiled to myself as I got out of bed. Last night had been good.

I glanced at the clock. As expected, they'd called me an hour before brunch. There was enough time to change at my own pace. Besides, no one shows up to these things on time. I've also run out of dresses, but I don't really think it matters what they see me in, considering I won the Trials.

Arrogant, yes. But I doubt someone from my team will tell me I don't look good after none of them even made it to the semis.

I dumped the contents of my bag onto my bed, surprise passing through me as something white landed on the comforter. I picked it up, recognising the top. It was an old top that was small on me. Just plain white and off the shoulder sleeves on both sides. I glanced at it and then my body in the mirror. It'll barely fit. I'll really have to suck it in.

After a minute or two of hopping around and whining as I struggled to fit into it and keep my self-esteem afloat, I made it through. Carefully heaving a sigh of relief because I was afraid something would tear, I turned to the mirror. It was tight. My chest was luckily properly tucked in, no unwanted cleavage, or bulges here and there. Nice. A bit of midriff out to play too, I see.

"Hello there." I giggled to myself, patting the sliver of skin visible. I looked quite passable in pair of black denim shorts.

I loitered here and there, wasting time in my room till it seemed like the I would have to leave— half an hour after the given time. Our bags, in my case, bag would be brought down and ready to go in our cars. I wanted to see Mich again. I think Flo and Eric said they'd be dropping by too.

The brunch was in some place on the ground floor. The helpfully placed signs directed me towards it. Soft music was coming from inside the double doors and I could hear the lull of conversation. I inhaled deeply to brace myself before pushing those doors open.

There weren't a lot of people here yet. About ten maybe, all assorted team members. A waiter standing by the door handed me a welcome drink in a champagne flute. It looked like a mimosa. I sniffed it. It was a mimosa. Refreshing.

I sipped it slowly as I glanced around. My team had arrived and taken up a corner, I don't think they'd noticed me yet. I headed towards the bar, taking my place on a stool and picking at the peanuts. I planned to drink some more of these mimosas before heading to the brunch buffet. I could smell cheese.

This place was actually quite nice. I relaxed a bit. Sofas and cushy looking armchairs scattered in such a way as to seem haphazard gave the room a comfy kind of feel. There was sunlight streaming in through the floor-to-ceiling windows, unfettered as it reflected off the marble tiles. There was a balcony you could sit in, tables covered with umbrellas. I spotted a tiled path making its way through the manicured gardens in case you wanted to take a nice, long stroll after eating your fill.