Chapter 5: Fun Time

Start from the beginning

She made breakfast and ate it, then went into Gakushuu's room

"Shuu, you ready to leave yet?"

"Yeah, let's go."

~Time Skip~

Upon their arrival, Karma was already waiting at the gates.

"KARMA!" Shiniko shouted and waved her hand in the air.

"Sup. So this must be your brother right?"

"Yup!"

"Nice to meet cha. Name's Akabane Karma, but feel free to call me Karma." He introduced.

"Asano Gakushuu. It's a pleasure to meet you... Not to be rude, but why 'Karma' of all names?"

"You might thing my name's strange, but I quite like it. It's like a quote says 'Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve'."

"Interesting. So shall we get going?"

While the two of them were conversing, Shiniko sneaked off to the food stalls because she had to know what was creating such a strong, sweet aroma. Not long after, the two boys noticed the disappearance of Shiniko. 

"Where the hell did she sneak off to?" Karma questioned.

"Beats me, but knowing her it's probably the food stalls," Gakushuu guessed.

"Yup. Let's go."

By the time they got to the food stalls, Shiniko finishing up her ikayaki and yakisoba. As they approached her, she finished eating.

"Hey guys, wanna go on some rides now?" She asked as they were now in front of her.

"But you just ate," Karma and Gakushuu said at the same time.

"It's ok! I won't feel nauseous after goin' on a few rides, I swear. Now let's go!"

For the rest of the day, the trio went on almost all the rides and Shiniko kept her promise. The sky turned into a pretty sunset ombré, with orange, red, pink, and blue. For their last ride, they went on the Farris wheel. Luckily for them the line wasn't too long. When they got in, Shiniko sat on one side while Gakushuu and Karma sat across from her. As the ride began, Shiniko could feel the anger from the boys aura and sighed.

"What's with you guys and staring daggers at each other?"

"We're not!" They growled in unison.

"Surreee you're not," She said in an obviously sarcastic voice. "Hey, you know where we should go after this...?"

"Where?"

"The summer festival."

The boys agreed and when the ride was over they started to walk there. It was an awkward, silent journey.

They arrived at the festival, and the fireworks were going to start soon. Since they haven't eaten anything for dinner yet, they agreed on a meeting spot and they split up to buy some food.

Shiniko took the longest, so the guys were making small talk.

At one point, Gakushuu bluntly said the he didn't trust Karma, which didn't shock him. Soon, Shiniko came back with some fresh takoyaki.

After the trio was finished eating, the fireworks were going to start. Shiniko quickly bought some taiyaki with chocolate inside for herself, since she didn't ask the guys if they wanted any.

They found a good spot the watch the fireworks, and just on time too. As they were enjoying the fireworks, two crows were discreetly picking off bits of Shiniko's taiyaki. By the time she noticed, half of her food was gone.

"You guys are so mean... But don't worry I'll have my revenge~"

"Should we be worried?" Gakushuu asked.

"I don't know, should you~"

"Have fun with your revenge, I'm not worried though."

"Do your worst, I want to see what you can do," Karma added.

"Yay!"

Once the fireworks ended, they started to walk home. They had their guard up the whole trip home, cause you never know who could be right around the corner...

As they were walking home, Shiniko jumped onto Karma's back and made him give her a piggyback ride for the first half of the way home. Then for the rest of the way, she was on her brother's back and made him carry her until they got home.

It was late at night, and Shiniko started to get sleepy, she ended up passing out on his brother's back, lucky for her they were already home.

"It was nice meeting you Akabane, have a good evening."

"You to, it was nice to meet you, Asano." Karma mimicked.

Gakushuu carried Shiniko back into her room and tucked her into bed.

~Karma's PoV~

Wow, his brother's kinda of a jerk. Judging from the way he talks, he might actually be very intelligent and being the son of the principal of the highest ranking school, he will most likely be going to Kunugigaoka. There can only be one top student, and that will be me. Watch your back Asano Gakushuu, I will beat you...