Chapter 11

Monday June 2nd, 1975. 1:39 PM

When I was finished throwing up like a pathetic little girl, I went to Thomas' room.

I wanted to talk to him. Maybe it was the fact that he wasn't supposed to talk to me that compelled me to knock on this door, maybe it was actual emotion. I'll never be sure.

I banged on the door. Someone I didn't know answered the door.

"Hello?" Said the unfamiliar man.

"Is Thomas here?" I asked.

"No. Why?"

"Can I wait in here for him?"

He put a strange look on his face and said "No, I don't think that'd be a good idea."

"Well why the fuck not?"

"I don't know when he'll be back and I'm enjoying some alone time; something we rarely get to do."

"Whatever. Bye." I turned around.

"Do you want me to tell him you stopped by?" He said.

"No." I said walking away.

I felt so confused. I hardly knew Thomas. I must be bizarre. I've been crazy for Jimmy since the first time I heard 'Stairway to Heaven' so many years ago. The greatest guitarist on earth likes me and wants to spend time with me, but I'm hung up on some random guy I met two days ago. Jesus.

I went back to me and Jimmy's room. He wasn't in there. He was probably still in Robert's room talking with him.

I lied down on a couch and thought a lot about Thomas and Jimmy and whether or not my feelings were legitimate. I decided that tonight at the concert, I'd talk to Thomas. We won't be worried about Jimmy seeing us. It'd be an easy going environment. I'd muster up all the courage I can and tell Thomas about how I've been feeling. I knew that he'd probably tell me that I'm out of my mind and he won't want to speak to ever again but it would be worth it. I wanted him to know how I felt. And if he tells me he doesn't care about me, then I'll get over him. Simple.

I opened the fridge and found a bottle of Southern Comfort. I took a swig. I was going to get my emotions straight tonight. I was scared.

I just hoped I wouldn't make a fool of myself.