Chapter 11: Confused

Start from the beginning

"Why would I go with you willingly?" I say my arms crossed, my eyes challenging him to answer. He stops mid step and turns to me.

"You don't trust me?" I'm not sure who I trust at this point.

"You haven't given me a reason to trust you." I watch his face, it falls slightly. I see his cold gaze fix on me. He moves closer to me and takes a deep breath before he speaks.

"Really? You being alone in a room with me, being alone in a car with me, and not to mention my house; that not reason enough?" Ok he's right, but I didn't know what to do and at that time I took anyone's help.

"I was desperate." I counter back.

"I mean you can stay here and starve, Drew won't be back till later." I try to hide my disappointment in him winning, and wanting to help. Maybe I can trust him, I don't know. He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him either, although he did abandon me. He's so mean I can't stand being with him, but I'm starving and I need food.

"Fine. At least give me ten minutes to get ready." I say quick in one breath. I give in to my hunger. Sawyer just waves me off and I take that as hurry up and get dressed.

Once I'm in his car, I don't bother to turn the heat up even though it's freezing. I'm waiting till he's distracted with driving. I look out of the window not familiar with the route he's taking. I thought he would go to Lisa's shop, but he's going the opposite way.

"Where are we going?" I ask, a little paranoid.

"To my house." He mutters. So we're eating at his house? He knows how to cook? What if he poisons my food? Why wasn't I this paranoid the first day I was found?

"Why?" I'm exceeding my question limit and there will be a point where he won't answer.

"Bethany" is all he says. If I have nothing nice to say I won't say it at all.

"You two get a long great don't you?" He says sarcastically. I look at him like he's crazy and I see a smirk on his face. I'm not going to answer that. I look at his tattooed arm, the only one on the steering wheel. There are so many tattoos I can't tell which one is which. It looks sort of Aztec looking, mixed with a moon lit forest. I can't tell.

"I know you don't like her." He claims. I've only just met her, he can't tell me that.

"What makes you say that?" I ask and turn to him. He's just smiling.

"I watched you." He says. "The moment she walked into the room, your face said it all. Wrinkled nose, lowered brow, and narrowed eyes." He turns to me and smirks. I don't know what to say. Come to think of it, I didn't even know he was watching me that day.

"Your pulse has quickened, your mouth is dry, and you keep fidgeting." Everything he is saying is true, all the symptoms of me lying.

"Your palms have just started to clam haven't they?" I know if I don't say something he will know I really don't like her.

"Wrong, I haven't known her long enough to tell." I swallow hard, he looks at me and continues to smile.

"I'm never wrong." He says and I turn toward the window and lean my heated cheeks against it. He keeps catching me in lies and it's annoying.