Oh. Wait. Chosen. Their boss wants to get chosen to be in the top 5. But why did they kidnap me? Do they know who I am? I know my appearance isn't as misleading as most, but it isn't obvious that I'm me.

The change in hair color is very different. You know those people who look so natural with one hair color that when they change color it's like they're a new person? I'm one of those people.

I continue thinking about how these people could've possible known who I was. Did anyone tip them off?

Mark and Axle. I suddenly remember my cousins/brothers. They weren't outside the office like they usually were. They definitely didn't tip me off though. I hope nothing happened to them.

I take deep breaths. Okay. I shouldn't freak out or stress out.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

The door creaks open again and my head snaps up to see who opened it.

A head peeks in and searches the room till a pair of eyes land on me.

"She's awake." The stranger announces.

The door opens wider, letting light flood in, and heels click as Macy walks in.

"Hello, Khira!" She says with such fake enthusiasm.

I stare at her blankly.

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever."

She motions for one of the guards to bring a chair in and she sits down.

"You're probably confused right now." She says. "As you should be. You see, I just want to make my boss happy. And if kidnapping you is what it takes, that's what I'll do. So please make yourself comfortable."

I continue staring at her not allowing any emotion to cross my face. I must be strong no matter how confused I am.

She studies me for a while then says, "I'm afraid you have to stay here till after the choosing ceremony. We know who you are and the influence you have on people if they know who you are." She takes time to reposition herself on the chair, gives up, and eventually just walks out.

I stare at her go as the gears in my mind turn. My, how things can truly change in an instant.

Minutes pass into hours and I lose track of time.

A doggy door I hadn't noticed, opens up and a tray of food is slipped in.

"Uh, how am I supposed to eat with my wrists tied?" I call out.

The door opens after a few seconds, and one of the guards I saw earlier walks towards me and removes my bonds.

I massage my wrists and slowly walk to where the tray is.

The man watches my every move.

I take a bite out of the steak and feel something different.

I grab the cup of water but decide to look into it. There are weird bubbles sticking to the side.

I sigh. No more meals for me.

I set the tray down and the man gets it.

He turns to walk to the door but gives me a look before he leaves.

Was he trying to send me a message?

I shake my head. "No, Belle. No."

I walk around the dark room trying to find a way out. After a few minutes, I decide to sit by the door and listen to whatever conversation might pass through.

"Tomorrow. yeah. 10. maybe." are all the words I make out.

I sigh and try to fall asleep.

Minutes later, the door slams open and someone else gets tossed inside.

I open my eyes and see a girl about my age slumped over and unconscious. Probably how I was when I got here.

The door slams shut and I watch and wait.

The girls slowly opens her eyes and when they see me; they grow wide.

I smile nervously. "Hi. I'm Belle."

She relaxed and struggles to move towards me.

I walk over to her, remove the gag from her mouth and then the ropes around her wrists.

She looks at me gratefully.

"I-I'm Vina."

I smile brighter now.

"Nice to meet you, Vina. Too bad our surroundings aren't as nice."

She smiles back at me.

Minutes pass and Vina and I have become friends. We talk about everything we can think of, but most importantly, how we got here and how we can get out.

"I miss my father." She says quietly.

I look at her sadly. "I miss my parents too."

The door creaks open and another woman comes in.

"Well, I see you've both become quite acquainted. I'd hoped you would."

The woman's British accent and formal attire give off the impression of a wealthy businesswoman. But who? The darkness seems to cling to her like a wool blanket on a baby.

"I am the boss and I will not have you both interfering with my plans. This may seem sudden and quite unnecessary for you. However it is a need for me. And thus, you will stay here for as long as a I please."

Vina and I share a look.

Uh oh.