Paris' Birthday

Chapter Six

The Record Plant

April 3rd, 2009

I know, I know. I told Prince to fuck off.s.. After our heated exchange at the hotel, I've been slowly taking his calls. We only talk about music and I'm trying to keep it that way. I'm also trying my hardest to forgive and move on. 

Now I know what you're thinking, what about Johnny? He's spending time with his kids at the moment. We haven't actually defined the relationship yet so I'm sure he won't care. It's an added bonus that he trusts me impeccably. 

Besides, it's not like I'm so weak that I'll just fall into Prince's arms. We're putting our friendship back together and that's it.  Which is fine by me since I get to listen to the best guitar playing I've ever heard. He's like wine, through the years he only gets better.

Looking at the clock I can't believe the time. " Shit! "

Prince glares at me and holds a small, clear, mason jar filled with money.

 I roll my eyes and put one of the dollars in that I set out for this kind of occasion

I stand up and grab my purse. " I'd love to stay longer P, but Princess Paris' birthday party is in an hour, and the drive out to my granny's is an hour and a half. " 

My dad brought the kids out here for Katherine Jackson day last week and plans on staying here at a rental house until tomorrow night.

" Little mama's birthday is today and you didn't tell me? " He asks seriously.

I roll my eyes. " Do your googles P I shouldn't have to tell you everything. "

He laughs. " Well, I'm just finishing up if you don't mind being a little later I can stop off and get her a little something. "

Now that's just sweet. We've been just hanging out lately and I love just being in his company and making music without any underlying sexual tension.

" Well come on then she's already gonna have my head for being late. If I bring you she might just forgive me in a month instead of a year. " I joke.

We stop at the Westwood music shop for fifteen minutes so he could choose a guitar for Paris. He ends up getting this beautiful pink/purple glow-in-the-dark Les Paul. She'll love it.

An hour and a half later we're pulling up to the gate. Bill opens the gate for us right away seeing the little flags in the window. Darren waves at him as we pull in. I get out on my own since I'm excited about giving Paris my own gift.

" Darren, will you pop the trunk? " I ask nicely.

When it opens I grab the pink box I wrapped myself last night. I've been looking for months for the perfect gift and I finally found it last week. Me and Paris are literally the same person born twenty-three years apart so I know she'll love it. See when I turned thirteen Liz gave me this really expensive camera that I loved so much. I used to run around taking millions of pictures, especially during the Bad tour, and when I was dancing in New York full-time.