Chapter 5

Mare POV

I don't know what happened to my heart, but it hasn't happened again. Today is the wedding and I'm a lot nervous, especially knowing Elara is back. But we increased security and Cal will have his bracelet on.

I have my dress on. It is red, like the color of blood. It is a nice floor length dress with a maroon veil.

Cal will have on a silver suit. It is meant to symbolize the joining of bloods in the kingdom.

My family can't make the trip from the Stilts to the castle and I told them not to come. It will be broadcasted around the kingdom, I mainly just don't want them to be here if Elara shows up. That will not end well.

I hear the music and see some of my old friends walk down the aisle, and now it's my turn. I walk down and see Cal, in his silver suit. I also notice the guards and sigh, we both wish we could have a public wedding.

Once I get to where Cal is standing we turn and face each other. The pastor does all his talking but I'm still looking around for Elara. She wouldn't pass up an opportunity like this.

"Mare do you take Tiberius to be your husband?"

"I do." Cal smiles down at me.

"And do you Tiberius take Mare to be your wife?"

"I do."

"Seal your love together." The pastor says stepping back.

We kiss and I am so surprised we got through that without Elara.

That's when everything changes.

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed.