Chapter 2

Mare POV

I start walking back into the castle when I feel a hand on my back. I grab the wrist it belongs to and twist.

"Ow Mare what the hell!" I recognize the voice as Cal's so I let go. He is holding his wrist in pain giving me a flat stare.

"You startled me!" I say and hit him on the arm. I know I probably just sprained his wrist, but I felt it was necessary to punish him even more. He gives me another flat glance and I just stared back. Finally, he sighs in defeat. Let's go feminine power!

"I saw how you handled yourself out there. I would have intervened but I'd be electrocuted after the second word." He said with a chuckle still holding his wrist in pain. Now I felt kind of bad. Not bad enough to apologize though.

"Damn right, you would have been fried." I say and stalk off towards our room. The wedding is in a week and I nice tailor named Beatrice is making my dress.

"Did the guys down in training piss you off?" He said curiously. I sigh and look at him and smirk.

"I just need to blow off a little steam. Want to go spar?" I ask desperate for anyway to release my anger.

"Kilorn wanted me to help him set up a couple things but that can wait until later." Cal said and gave me a winning smile. A smile that reminded me of why I fell in love with him in the first place.

"Thanks." I say and start running towards the training room, unaware of the figure in the mirror.

Thanks for all the love and support. Please vote and comment!