Chapter 13

The next month went by quickly. Josh still staying at Maya's, looking after Charlotte while she is at work and he didn't have a shift. They got closer both physically and emotionally. Maya was giving him everything, everything she wasn't sure she would ever be able to give to a person again. Amelia had been staying with them and had an interview and trial period at a new job near thanksgiving. For that reason she was staying in New York while the other three went to Philly. Josh's mom had invited her, making it clear that they wanted Maya to be comfortable.

They made their way to Philly having to stop halfway even though it was only a short journey because Charlotte was becoming restless. They found a small diner to settle her and feed her in. They walked to the doors. Josh holding Maya's hand as well as holding a cranky Charlotte in his arms. The closer they were getting to Philly the more nervous Maya was getting. Meeting his mom was a huge step. Her and Josh had only been together for four months but it had felt like forever. She was hoping the rest of his family would be accepting of them as much as Cory and Topanga.

They sat in a booth while Maya sipped on her coffee and Charlotte sat next to Josh. If she could have this for the rest of her life she would. After a while they decided it was time to hit the road again. Maya fastened Charlotte into her seat and then made her way to the front seat. Josh took one of his hands of the steering wheel and placed it on Maya's thigh.

"Hey mom is going to love you it's fine"

"I'm just a bit nervous this whole meeting the parents thing is a big deal"

"Well mom already think Charlotte is the cutest baby she had ever seen. She is also happy with how happy you make me. Please don't over think it"

"Your right everything will be fine"

Charlotte slept the rest of the way while Josh was talking to Maya trying to distract her. He knew she was nervous but didn't realise it was this bad. Just as they were about to pull up in the drive way Charlotte started babbling in the backseat.

"Ready to meet my Mama Charlotte" all he got from that question was a small laugh.

"She may be ready to meet your mama but if she doesn't get a proper sleep soon she will be horrible"

"Well you can put her to sleep in my room when we get inside"

Josh walked straight through the door much like her did when he visits Maya. His mom was sitting on the couch. They were the first to get there. Travelling with a baby they decided it was probably best to leave a lot earlier so they would be there in time.

"Hey Mom, this is Maya"

"It's so nice to meet you Maya, I'm Amy. Josh has told me so much about you. Wow Maya she is so beautiful" Amy said looking over at Charlotte"

"Thank you its so nice to meet you too"

"Well how about you two ladies sit down and talk and I will take this one upstairs. If she is anything like her mom when she is tired she is going to be in a horrible mood" Maya just laughed.

Maya and Amy were talking for a while before Josh came back down. Amy was telling her about Josh as a child and her late husband. Josh had already had a talk with his mom about bringing up Maya's family. Not knowing the extent of it but just they didn't talk to each other.

When Josh came back down he sat next to Maya kissing her on the forehead. Amy couldn't help but smile seeing her son happy again was all she wanted.

"So I'm guessing now that you have yourself a girlfriend you will definitely be moving to New York permanently"

"What do you mean I thought you lived in New York with your brother" Maya said glancing over at Josh.

"Thanks mom" Josh sighed.