Broken bonds

Kisame and Namika had been training all morning. After lunch they changed their clothes and Namika went to the festival of thousand lanterns for the first time in her life. The festival was in a village close by and so Namika walked there together with Kisame. While walking they talked and laughed. Kisame even joked around. It was the perfect day. The ice between them had completely broken and Kisame started to open up even telling about what he liked and what he disliked.
-so what is your favorite food?!
Now that she felt he would answer Namika asked a lot of questions. So many things she had always wondered...
- well actually I have quite a sweet tooth...
Kisame giggled. He looked nice when he giggled....
- I love sweet dumplings but also fish and some kind of see fruits.... However I REALLY hate shark fin soup.
Namika grabbed Kisames arm and looked up to him.
- let's go get some dumplings then?
Both laughed and Kisame promised to treat her if she was able to eat as much as he could.
Soon they reached the small village. It was amazingly crowded. Souvenir shops and food shops as far as the eye could see. Everything decorated beautifully. On each corner were musicians playing funny music and some people even danced. Namika sniffled. The smell of food, perfume, sake and fire was everywhere. It was really a big beautiful festival. Suddenly Namika felt Kisame taking her small hand in his. She looked up in surprise.
-there are so many people here. I don't want to loose you and spend the day searching...
Namika blushed and giggled. Kisame treated her like a small girl sometimes... Somehow she liked that. Kisame pulled her to the first food shop where they bought some ice cream. Kisame loved mint and Namika loved strawberry. The people who usually took quite a distance from Kisame when he walked through the streets alone didn't seem to mind his strange looks at all now that he was hand in hand with Namika.
--COMPETITIOOOOOOON COMPEETITIOOOOOOOON excuse me do you want to take part in the competition? You can win free sweet dumplings! As much as you want for you and your friends! COMPETITIOOOOOOON--
Kisame pulled Namika to the small crowd that gathered around the kid calling. Competitions always seemed to get his interest.
- so what do I have to do?
Kisame asked grinning. A man explained.
You see these poles up there? You basically have to do more pull ups than this man over there... He pointed at a muscular, good looking man. Kisames laughed.
-fine challenge accepted.
The man laughed too and pulled Kisame to the center of the bystanders.
- we have one who wants to try...
He yelled and the people stepped a few meters back giving Kisame and the pull up champ free space.
-if you win you get dumplings for free... If you loose Freddy over here will kiss your girl...
Kisames eyes narrowed. Slowly he opened the belt that held Samehada on his back and gently leaned Samehada in Namikas arms. Namika clung to the heavy sword which was nearly as tall as she was. Then Kisame took off his black coat revealing his strong scared arms. Namika observed how the girls started staring and blushing. Kisame placed his coat over Samehada and then walked over to the pole.
-- readyyyyyyyyyy? GOOOOO!
Both men jumped up grabbing the pole. Dangling up there they started performing their pull ups. Namika saw that the champ called "Freddy" was quite good. He pulled at a regular speed and didn't seem to get tired at all. Kisame on the other hand was even faster not even starting to sweat. He hoped Namika saw it but he didn't dare to look if she was looking at him. The thought of Namika looking at Freddy made him feel rage and the idea that she would be kissed by him in case he lost made him go even faster. Kisame started sweating but since he was well trained he knew he was likely to win. Namika blushed. It was her Kisame up there and all the other girls stared at him longingly. Kisame won by far. His power was really amazing. Finally he jumped down laughing over the panting Freddy. The girls started screaming for him to take off his shirt. Kisames eyes started glowing dangerously and he tore his shirt off his body revealing his big perfectly shaped muscles. The girls screamed even louder blushing and trying to touch his sweat glittering abs.
-noooo touchy!
Kisame grinned and walked over to Namika freeing her from the heavy Samehada. The girls observed him but they didn't seem to think of leaving Kisame alone. Dozens of hands stretched out for his sharky body touching him all over. Kisame looked around with one raised eyebrow. There was one peaceful way out of this: Kisame grabbed Namika. One second he held her in his arms, then he kissed her. Namika was surprised and stunned. She felt the electrifying feeling pulsing through her body while Kisames lips were pressed against hers. They were much softer than she had imagined and he tasted still like mint. Namika closed her eyes her heart pounding. His kiss was as gentle like summer rain. Namika felt his hot breath and his strong arms wrapped around her tightly. Namikas hands slowly found their way up to Kisames chest where she placed them feeling his wet, cold shark skin below her fingers. All around you could hear a frustrated "oooh" as the girls realized Namika wasn't just any girl but Kisames girl. How much Namika would have given for this to be true... She knew Kisame did this mainly to get rid of the other girls. He was using her but still she enjoyed it...
Namika opened her eyes as Kisames kiss ended. His face was barely a few inches from hers his eyes were glowing brightly. Kisame bit his lip. This kiss had been so perfect. He wanted to kiss her again... Just this one time. He bowed down again forcing Namikas chin up. Then he kissed the blushing girl violently. Namikas hand clawed into Kisames skin. This was amazing. The shark man kissing her aggressively, holding her so tight she could barely breathe. Was he really only using her? One kiss would have been enough to keep the girls away... But these kisses... Namika felt his sharky tongue gently enter her mouth at the same time she felt one of his hands grabbing her butt. Namika blushed and her cheeks turned burning hot. This had been her first kiss. Kisame was the man who first kissed her! Namika was amazed. His kisses were addicting. She just wished this moment could last forever... But as sudden as he had started kissing her he stopped. He placed his forehead on hers for a few seconds, then he released her from his tight grip. Namika looked at him her cheeks slightly red. She was so beautiful. Kisame put Samehada on his back and the coat over his arm. He grabbed Namikas hand and they went in the dumpling shop. Kisame sat down. There was an awkward silence. Both seemed as if they didn't know what to say. A young woman served some dumplings. She also blushed looking at the still half nude Kisame. Finally Kisame broke the silence.
-I guess I don't have to treat you anymore since its for free.
Namika saw a slight red flash his cheeks for a moment...
-well I guess you re right...
She mumbled getting some dumplings. Before it turned any more awkward she started eating. Kisame ordered some Sake for himself and Namika. Namika had never drunken alcohol before but in this moment she didn't mind at all. Her cheeks were still red. Kisame had kissed her and this kiss had been perfect. After a lot of sake and dumplings Namika and Kisame left the shop. They went through many souvenir shops and Namika finally bought a shirt for Kisame. She didn't like the stares of the other girls. She got him a beautiful white shirt with blue lotus embroidered on it. Namika and Kisame who were both a little tipsy talked and joked as if nothing had happened but both had to think of their kiss again and again. Night fell and the whole city was lightened by literally thousands of lanterns. Hand in hand they finally left the village. On their way home Kisame wrapped an arm around Namika. He was still a little tipsy but he had a clear plan what he would have do now... Today was the day and he had lived through it the most perfect way imaginable. He had eaten with the girl he liked and kissed her... Unlike the many other girls he had before he wouldn't lay a hand on her and sleep with her.... But still as so many girls before he would forget her. Kisame gently pressed her against his side. Namika felt his strong arm and his body. What had happened today?! Was this even real? They had reached the small river beside the training zone when Kisame stopped.
- I Uhhh got a present for you...
Namika turned around facing him. Kisames hand slid in his pocket and he pulled out a beautiful little crystal pendant. Namikas lips formed a big smile. The crystal glittered in the moonlight. Kisame saw Namikas pale face in the dim light, her big eyes looking at him with so much love. A love that burned him because he knew he was about to betray her. He had won her trust and her love. He couldn't wish for more... Why did he even want to run away?! Was it really his freedom he was afraid to loose or was he just scared? Scared to hold her in his arms but slowly loose her... Scared to kiss her knowing she loved another... And then he would be damned to serve her for the rest of his life bound to love her and cursed to see his love live with another. Kisame had never let anyone get too close to himself... He remembered the pain he had felt when his parents were murdered. Back then he swore to never ever let anyone get close to himself ever again. He had never allowed himself to fall in love with a girl... He had never slept more than once with the same girl breaking many hearts... But Namika had come closer to him that he ever wanted to let her. She was close to completely owning his heart. Only a few more days, a few more hugs and kisses and his iron will would melt. He wouldn't be able to resist her any longer. Kisame looked down. She was so beautiful. Slowly he placed the necklace around her neck. The crystal fell on her cleavage and blinked in the moonlight. Namika smiled. Her hand closed around the crystal.
-thank you so much. It's so beautiful. I Uhhh... Got you a present too.
Namika blushed. Shy as ever she pulled something out of her pocket. Kisame saw that she had bought a crystal too. He smiled and Namika giggled. She stood tiptoe and stretched her arms up to even reach up his neck. Kisame gently bowed down to allow her placing it around his neck. Kisame thanked her pulling her in a close hug. He sat down and Namika sat beside him leaning on him. He wrapped one arm around her gently pulling her closer. Both looked at the calm water of the river.
-Namika... I wanted to tell you...
Kisame swallowed, then took a deep breath. He looked at Namika.
-I want you to be happy. Always. And to be safe. You are so precious. Please be happy.
Namika looked puzzled. This shark man was really a mystery speaking in riddles.
-and also I want you to know... That kiss earlier... I didn't only kiss you to get rid of the girls. I actually don't mind girls... I'm used to them... I kissed you because I wanted to.
Namika looked back at Kisame her big eyes glittering. She slowly lifted one hand placing it at Kisames cheek. It was so cold but soft. Namika ran her fingers over his cheek, mouth and jaw.
-Kisame... I... I lo...
Kisame placed a finger on her lips. His eyes started glittering.
-hushhhhhh!
He whispered and bowed down kissing Namika. He pulled her on his lap kissing her passionately. And that was the perfect moment. Now or never! Kisame stabbed his feelings. It felt as if he ripped out his own heart stamping on it. Kisame raised his hand and smashed it down on her temple. Namika instantly lost her consciousness . He felt her muscles relax and her head fall to hair chest. Tears ran out of Kisames eyes as he pressed her relaxed body against his. He hid his head on her shoulder.
-I'm sorry Namika. I'm so sorry.
He whispered kissing her forehead one last time. He closed his eyes. He couldn't bare her beautiful face, her body looking as if she was dead. Kisame carefully felt her pulse and checked her breath. Namika was fine... He gently placed her on the ground. Kisame didn't dare to look at her anymore. He kept his eyes shut slowly turning around. His heart ached as he jumped over the river and disappeared in the woods, not looking back. He hurried away as fast as he could. After a while he stopped by a tree. He didn't know how long he had run but he saw her pale face each time he closed her eyes. Kisames knees gave in. He clawed his fingers into the wood of the tree leaving deep scratches as he sank on his knees. A wild roar was heard. The roar of a wounded beast. Kisame sat there crying in silence. But now there was no way back anymore. He had done it. He had hurt Namika. The girl who trusted him... He hit her unconscious while kissing her... Kisame looked at his hands. The hands of a criminal. The hands of a murderer but there was no way back. Now he was a free man and Namika was free too... Now he wasn't bound to a destiny anymore... And he would never have to see her kiss another man or hold the child of another man in her arms. He was free... He just had to kill his feelings for the beautiful girl. He had to kill the feelings for the only woman he had ever felt something for... The only woman he had kissed and desired but not slept with... He focussed all his concentration to his destiny: a small village at the border to the sound village. There were many burglars and gamblers, the perfect place for any guy to get lost. He would disguise himself and get another name... Then maybe join a gang or go to another city... But at least he would stay hidden till the Hokage stopped searching for him. Kisame got up and moved as quick and invisible as the wind towards his destiny.

Meanwhile the unconscious Namika laid beside the river. A man came along with heavy steps. He wore a long black coat... He stopped walking seeing the pale beauty near the water. Slowly he got closer and bowed down checking her life signs. The girl was alive... She simply had a concussion. The tall man gently lifted her up and went to the village. He carried her to the hospital. In the entrance he met Tsunade. The Hokage turned pale when she saw the small Namika in the arms of Ibiki.
-what happened?
Ibiki answered calmly.
-I don't know. Kisame is gone. I found her like this near the river... Maybe the attackers came back? Or it was somebody else? Or Kisame ran for it...
They carried Namika to a bed and Tsunade sat beside her for a while.
- we will wait till she wakes up... But if she gets to know Kisame is gone, she will be very sad...
The Hokage sighed
(to be continued)