Prize: One-Shot

In my generation, everything is out of the ordinary. I remember how my grandmother told me all the complaints of our ancestors on their hard human life.

That they had to find several companies to get a job. They had to pay rent. Take care of their families and themselves. How they used to overtime on their work to get a higher salary. How much they wanted a job raise. How hard they wanted to find love.

Then happened the Moon War. The war that beats all other World Wars and Cold Wars. Then the agreement. The most cruel agreement of nature and life. Then a few years later. I was born.

My ancestors for sure would find this lucky except for 1/8 of it. This is how it actually happened.

My ancestors lived a wonderful life that for them was the hardest thing in the world. Not long, when people started closing their eyes to sleep, when they open them, someone is gone.

This then started chaos upon themselves. Everynight, either their family, child or husband will be gone. There was no certain requirement seen when studied. Anyone was just taken suddenly.

Then slowly they found clues until they found the real cause. Humans- no- hybrids were discovered. Humans who becames wolves.

No, no one made a disease to make human into wolves. The only explanation said is we were evolving. Only chosen people evolve on their own. The chosen ones were only men and so to continue their heritage and make a society of their own they kidnapped the most vulnerable people.

Mostly women. Why? Because eventually they had to marry and for sure no human would want to marry them, so the kidnap the women, turn them into their kind so they can't leave and marry them.

It got so out of hand that humans started war against the hybrids, killing each other. Later then realizing that it was so wrong. That this was the evolution of humans. So the agreement was made. The agreement thay ended the Moon War.

The agreement stated that hybrids and humans are to live in peace, but with conditions. Women who reach the age of nineteen will be arranged to marry a hybrid and live with him. The woman didn't have to be turned into a hybrid.

When the woman gives birth, its always twins. A human and a hybrid. Probably my ancestors would think that this is possibly the greatest love of all. No, it wasn't at all.

The male hybrid can do anything he wants. He could cheat on his wife as well as nastier things. It is only once in a blue moon that the male hybrid does actually love his wife.

A few days ago, I turned nineteen. Today, I recite the vows as I get married to the hybrid I was chosen for. Lu Han. When I meet the eyes of my family, I see pity, sadness and concern, but when I look into my own eyes, I see nothing. Nothing at all.

"We do" we both coldly answered to the mater and from this moment on, I was his mate. No more Lee Areum. Only Lu Areum. I actually never met Luhan before. Only today.

Slowly, we both stand up from our kneeling position as we both turn around and bow. This time, a tear escaping my eye. I never wanted any this of this. None of us did, but it was the best our government can do than war.

He takes my hands in his cold hands and drag me down the steps and out the doors of the building. "Get in" he whispers in my ears and I do as told. Without even opening the car dood for me, I open it myself and hopped in. I never wanted this.

The ride to our arranged house was silent. So silent that I could even hear the small pebbles on the road crack as the tire hits them. Not long enough, we finally arrived.

Again, I open the door myself, got out and closed it again slowly, not wanting to ruin the gown made for me. It was such a pity to be honest, that such a wonderful gown was worn on the saddest day of my life.