Chapter 26

After the initial excitement of getting engaged wore off, reality set in. Harry was leaving for three months. That means that for half of our engagement, he was going to be gone.

We'd already set the date and picked out the reception venue. We'd agreed to get married at my parents' church, seeing as I'd started going again.

"We've got to narrow down the guest list, babe," I said.

"I know. How many people do you have so far?" Harry asked.

"So far, I've got your family, my family, Madison and her family, the boys and their dates and their families, and Lou and her family," I answered, reading off my list.

"Okay, well, what about Ben, Josh, James, and Ed and their families?" Harry suggested.

I nodded, writing the names down.

"I want to keep this relatively small," I said.

"I know you do, Sara. I do too," Harry sighed.

I looked up from the list and saw Harry holding a sleeping Elizabeth. I smiled. He was an amazing dad to her. I couldn't wait to get married and have more kids with him.

"Harry," I said. "How long do you want to wait before having another baby?"

Harry's head snapped up to attention. He looked confused.

"Sara, is this your way of telling me you want to try for another baby?" Harry asked.

"No, not right now, but definitely after we're married," I replied.

"Well, maybe after Elizabeth is a little older. Maybe when she's, like, a year old."

I nodded, smiling. I knew that Harry wanted to have more kids with me, but I'd never asked him when he wanted to start trying. I really did want another kid right then, but I knew it would be a lot to take care of Elizabeth, plan a wedding, and be pregnant at the same time. So, I just went along with what Harry said.

"We've got to send out save the date cards and take our engagement photos before you leave," I reminded him.

Harry nodded. "I already booked the photographer for Saturday. She told me that she'd have the photos ready for us Monday at the very latest."

"Oh, awesome. Where are we taking the pictures?"

"There's a place a couple hours away that would be perfect. There's a park that's perfect for photos."

I smiled. "Thank you for booking it," I said.

Harry shrugged, saying, "It's nothing. I know you're busy trying to figure out a lot of the design stuff."

"You've got a say in the design," I replied.

He shook his head. "I trust your judgement."

The week flew by as Harry and I decided on wedding flowers and colors. Harry wanted black, but I told him that we weren't planning a funeral. We debated until we decided on burgundy. The bridesmaids' dresses and the grooms men's ties would be the same, as would Harry's tie and my bouquet.

"Are you sure about burgundy?" Harry asked.

"Babe, I've had my wedding planned since I was nine. I'm sure I want burgundy," I said.

Saturday morning I woke up to feed Elizabeth. After I was done I took her with me back into Harry's and my bedroom.

"Do you want to wake up your dad?" I asked her.

She blinked but didn't say anything, so I took it as a yes. I walked into the bedroom and laid Elizabeth on Harry's chest. I took a picture of the moment, just because it was so sweet. Then I leaned in and kissed Harry's cheek, ear, neck, and jaw until he woke up. He opened his eyes and saw Elizabeth on his chest.