Chapter 10

Sara's POV:

I called my mom as soon as Harry got into the shower. I hadn't really talked to my family since I'd told them I was pregnant, which was months ago. I hadn't seen them in longer. I missed my parents, and my younger brother Will and my younger sister Allie.

"Hello?" my mom answered.

"Hi, Mom, how are you?" I asked.

"Hi, sweetheart. I'm great, how are you?"

"Tired, but good. Would it be possible for Harry and I to come visit you all today?"

"Absolutely! Why don't you come over around 1:00?"

"That sounds perfect. I miss you, Mom. And Dad, Will, and Allie," I admitted.

"We miss you too, Sara," my mom sighed.

We hung up just as Harry came out of the bathroom. His curly hair was wet and splayed out across his forehead. He had on black jeans, but no shirt, leaving his tattoos on full display.

"What time are we going over?" Harry asked, searching for a shirt in the closet.

"1:00," I answered. It was 10:00 then, so I got into the shower and blow dried my hair afterwards. I was standing in the bathroom doing my makeup when I noticed Harry standing in the doorway.

"Hi, baby," I said, never breaking focus from my makeup.

"Why do you wear all of that on your face? You're beautiful without it," Harry blurted out.

I sighed. "I've told you before, Harry. I just really like makeup. It's not a self esteem thing anymore."

"But you don't need it. You're absolutely stunning, Sara."

"I know I don't need it, babe. I choose to wear it, mostly for fun."

Harry seemed satisfied with my answer and walked away from the bathroom. After I finished my makeup I flat ironed my long, dark hair. I went into the closet after I finished my hair and picked out a pair of my maternity jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and brown sandals. I didn't look bad for being almost eight months pregnant.

I checked the time and saw that it was 11:30, and knowing L.A. traffic, I told Harry it was time to go. Luckily, my parents lived relatively close to the L.A. area, so it didn't take more than two hours to get to their house.

The ride to my parents' house was spent in a comfortable silence. I knew how nervous Harry was to see my family, especially after breaking up with me and getting me pregnant outside of marriage. I, however, wasn't nervous at all. I was crazy excited. I'd always been really close with my family, and even though they don't live very far away, I rarely get to see them. The last time I saw them all together was Christmas.

"Are you nervous?" Harry asked me, glancing at me for a moment before focusing back on the road.

"Not at all. I'm really excited," I gushed. Harry was shaking a little bit and looked absolutely terrified.

"Hey, Harry, listen to me," I said, placing my hand on his free hand, "You don't have to be scared. My family has always loved you and they still do."

"But I broke up with you, and you're pregnant, and I've got all of these tattoos," Harry rambled.

"Baby, you're an incredibly kind, smart, funny, caring, handsome man, and I love you, and you make me happy. Therefore, my family loves you."

I saw Harry smile out of the corner of my eye, which caused me to smile in return. My parents really did love Harry, as did my brother and sister. My dad and Will loved to mess with Harry, but they're protective of me and don't want to see my get hurt.

We pulled into my parents' driveway and Harry helped me out of the car. We walked up the front steps hand in hand and waited after Harry rang the doorbell.

The huge door swung open, revealing my mom in all her glory. Her blue eyes were shining with happiness and her dark hair was pulled up into a ponytail. She was smiling with pure joy, too. She really was beautiful, even at her age. She had on her apron, which meant that she'd been cooking.

"Sara! Harry!" my mom cheered.

"Hi, Mom," I said, giving her a hug.

"Always lovely to see you, Mrs. Patterson," Harry added, giving her a hug as well.

"Harry, for the thousandth time, please call me Laura," my mom teased. She let us into my childhood home. I instinctively walked to the living room where my dad was in his usual chair, reading the newspaper.

"Hi, Dad," I said.

He looked up and broke into a smile.

"Sara, honey, you look gorgeous!" he cried, standing up from his chair to hug me. He turned to Harry and shook his hand.

"Good to see you, son," my dad said.

"You too, Mr. Patterson," Harry answered.

"How are you feeling, and how much longer until I can meet my granddaughter?" Dad asked.

"I feel fine, and she's due September 3," I said.

"That's coming up."

"I know, it's crazy. I'm ready to meet her, though."

My dad smiled. Then my younger siblings came running down the stairs.

"Sara!" Allie practically screeched, attacking me with a hug.

"Hey, Allie!" I said, hugging her back.

"Move out of the way, Allie, I want to hug her too," Will ordered, playfully pushing Allie out of the way. I laughed and gave my little brother a hug.

"Hey, Will," I said.

"I've missed you sis," he whispered. I felt a lump form in my throat.

"I've missed you too," I choked out.

Allie and Will both greeted Harry as well with a hug and a handshake respectively. We all sat around in the living room, catching up.

Will talked about his upcoming nineteenth birthday and starting at UCLA in August. Allie shared her fifteen year old high school drama and her plans for her new school year. I talked about being a pregnant twenty-two year old, searching for a place to put my business degree to use.

"There's a girl in my grade that's pregnant," Allie said.

"Really, who?" Will asked.

"Some cheerleader, I think her name's Kelsey or Chelsea or something," she answered.

"So, Harry, how are you?" my mom asked, changing the subject.

"I'm doing quite well. Writing a bit if anything pops into my head, but mostly enjoying my time off and preparing to be a dad," Harry said, smiling at the end.

My mom and sister both smiled. My dad and brother rolled their eyes. I took Harry's hand in mine and traced circles over his cross tattoo with my thumb.

"It's so great to see you," my mom said as we prepared dinner together in the kitchen.

"You too, Mom. I'm really glad that we could visit," I admitted.

"Harry seems to enjoy keeping you to himself it seems," Allie remarked.

"Allison!" my mom scolded.

I sighed. "Don't worry, Mom, Allie has a point. I hate that I never get to see you guys, I do. I'll talk to Harry. Our daughter is going to need both sides of her family."

Allie smiled, probably because I agreed with her and she knew Mom wouldn't say anything. Did Harry really keep me to himself? I spent a lot of time with his family, and Madison. Why didn't he ever suggest to come see my family?

A/N:

Hi guys! I hope you liked this chapter. It's kind of a cliff hanger at the end ? Maybe ? I'm new at this writing thing so bear with me. Anyways, thanks for reading this. Please vote!