chapter four.

"Wait, so you know about the invisible boy!?" Zach asked Stine.

We all waited for his response as he stood up.
"Yes. He came into my study yesterday I'm the morning, he threw my books into the fireplace."

"The books!?" Hannah asked.

"No, just some comic books." Stine said.

"What kind? X-Men, Batman, Archie-" everyone looked at Champ. "Sorry." He apologized.

"Anyways," Stine glared at Champ, "he ran out before I could catch him. He, he wrote on a piece of paper before he left and threw it at me." Stine guided us to his study and showed us the paper. On the piece of paper or read,

Time for some fun and games! I guess I wasn't good enough for you guys to fight so I'm back with tricks up my sleeve! Try to catch me, if you can find me!
-Invisible Boy :)

"So, you knew about him being here since yesterday and you didn't say anything?" Hannah asked her dad. He shook his head and said,

"Well. . .not quite. You see, I kinda knew since the week after we put all the monsters back into the book."

"What!?" We all yelled I'm unsion.

"I'm Sorry! I didn't know how to tell you kids."

"So you knew for almost a whole year?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry."

We all looked at each other and Zach spoke up, "What do we do now?"

Stine gave a small, sad smile and turned to Hannah, then to us.
"I'm going to do this by myself. I don't want the whole town to go through this again, and I'm not going to risk losing you again." He said, looking back at Hannah

"But you won't-"

"I'm not going to take any chances, Hannah! I don't want you guys a part of this. Don't let me have to get your parents into this." Stine cut Hannah off.

We all shook our heads and left. Champ walked home while Zach and I walked into our house.
"Are we really just going to let him do this all by himself?" Zach asked me.

"Zach, we don't have any other choice. He said no, and I agree with him." I said.

"Y/n! We have to do something, it's just not right." Zach said.

I stared at him, sighing. I knew he was right. We needed to help Stine, we couldn't let him do this by himself. We all needed to stay low-key.
"Okay. Let's do this."