Chapter eight

As soon as I opened it I shut it again. I'll just do it by myself. I turn around and head to the basement stairs. Bitting my lip I start to head down hopefully I won't break my neck running back and forth.

Are you going to let me in? Came the voice of the person on the other side of the door.

I stop halfway down the stairs and sigh. This is going to be a lot of arguing.

No.

Why?

Because I'm not.

Jack sent me to help you.

Well he sent someone useless.

Oh?

Well it's true. Your not very helpful.

You weren't saying that last night.

Oh wait let me rephrase that for you. Your useless unless you get something out of it.

Oh but I am getting something out of it.

Yea right.

Oh I get the pleasure of torturing you.

Torture me? How?

Well... don't forget that it was Jack and I who helped your brother with those pranks.

That's not an answer.

Oh but it is. Now be a good little girl and come open this door.

And if I don't?

Oh but you will Quinn.

Look at you thinking your so high and mighty.

Oh but you can't see me. Now if you come and open the door you can.

Nah.

You realize that the longer we talk the more time your wasting.

How do you know I'm not working as I'm talking to you.

Your scent is as strong as when we started talking.

I start walking back down the stairs. I can hear him chuckling through the link. Reaching just short of the closet I stop again.

Are you happy now?

Very much so because for one you left the door unlocked.

He stopped a second to let me digest that. Shit.

And for two I knew if I could get you down there you would less likely hear me open the door.

Crap. I fell for his stupid trick. Oh will he pay for this and helping my brother.

"Well if your already in the house why don't you come down here and get to work."