Chapter four

I wake up to the smell of food. Wait food? I look to the clock it's almost noon. Shit. I need to go check on Hale. I groggily got up, threw on some yoga pants and a tank top.

Throwing my hair up in a bun I walk down stairs. My moms in the kitchen with a shit ton of McDonald's bags and drinks.

"Hey honey."

"Mmmm." I say not forming words.

She sighs and looks at me. I give her a what can you do look and walk over. All the bags are the same. Same order of food. I grab one and a coffee for Hale.

"I'm going to go bring this to Hale. I wrote him a note saying I'd check on him then I'm coming back for mine." I say and walk out.

I walk down the maze of hallways until I get to the door. I knock to let him know I'm there. A quiet come in sounds from the other side.

I walk in and he's laying on the bed arm over his eyes. He lets out a moan of pain. Good lord the hangovers worse that I thought. I lock the door so no one else would bother him and the food down next him. And start to help him sit up.

"Come on up we go." I grunt as I pull him up.

Finally him in a sitting position I ask, "you need me to get the headache medicine?"

His only response was a slight head nod. He keeps his eyes closed. I walk to the bathroom and open the medicine cabinet. I grab the medicine and dump two into the palm of my hand. I walk back out to find that he has not moved.

"Here," I say dumping the mm into his hand.

He takes them and swallows them without water. I open the McDonald's bag and pul out the food pancakes, eggs, sausage, and a biscuit.

"Eat."

He doesn't reach for the food.

"God dam it Hale. You need to eat. All that's in your system right now is alcohol and now the medicine. You can't be taking them in an empty stomach!"

Still no response.

"Ugg. You are pushing my limits Hale James Riverwood! You will eat this or I will shove a pancake down your throat!"

He chuckles huskily and opens his eyes. The beautiful green eyes.

"There's the Quinn I know."

"Oh shut it Riverwood."

"Going back to last names are we Bishop?"

"Stop trying to change the subject. I'm hungry but I'm not leaving here until you eat something. Now eat!"

"Nah."

"I'm finding it harder to rip that pillow out from under you to suffocate you with."

"Oh? You think your that strong."

"Don't you test me."

"Hush quiet down. My head still hurts you know."

"Yea and it'll hurt worse when I punch you."

"I think your hand will hurt worse."