Chapter three

People clap like thunder. I smile. We just went through six songs. People's cheering got louder each time.

"Thank you. Thank you. We have one more song for you. This song understands me. I've only discovered it recently but I love it. Hope you guys like it."

I whisper the last song to Sam and he smiles. We only recently learned this song so no one has heard it yet.

We hit the first not and I sing, "I pirouette in the dark
I see the stars through me
Tired mechanical heart
Beats til the song disappears
Somebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me
So cut me from the line
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me!
Shatter me!
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me!..."

Everyone screams and claps when it's over.

"Thank you guys so much. I really enjoyed singing for you. Thank you for coming to my birthday party!" I yell and hop of stage. Sam follows as the musicians go back on.

Before he could ask me about the special someone I saunter off. A now familiar hand snakes it's way around my waist and pulls me behind my house. Again.  

"Listen buddy boy. You better stop this I'm. Whining. To think your obsessed with me." I say.

"No. you need to stop. I can't believe you said that."

"Out of all the people here how could they think it was you I was talking about. I mean come in dude."

"This better not happen again." He states with a growl.

"Aye aye captain." I say.

He stares at me confused. I salute and walk off. Now that it's late all the adults and young kids have left. It's just us teens and people are going at it with the drinking.

Good thing most of us are out of school otherwise tomorrow would suck. The chilly autumn air blows and I shiver. Well I'm going to freeze my ass off.

I watch as Hale walks over to the beverages and chives two beers. He's going to be hammered in the morning. I notice my brother by him basically drunk of his ass.

The future  third in command, Jack, walks over to me. He looks drunk too. Great.

"Hey." He says.

"Sup." I reply.

"You and Hale are metes."

"Shush. And it doesn't matter he rejected me. How did you know?"

"I figured thinks out. He really can be a caring person you know."

"That's nice but he rejected me so it really doesn't matter."

"I can help you make him jealous. He's the real him when he's drunk. He'll tell you his real feelings if we lure him in."

"I'm listening."

He goes in to explain his plan. I mean it's not bad but we would have to kiss. He's not bad looking either and he hasn't found his mate. While we were lounging waiting for Hale to get drunk he said something.