Chapter 11

Louis' POV

It was the next day and my first morning with Ashton. It was actually nice having him around, I didn't feel as if we had a normal dad-son relationship. It felt more of a friendship than anything else.

I was in the kitchen making myself a cup of coffee when Ashton stumbled in, dressed and with his bag in hand. "Morning." He smiled.

"Morning." I smiled back as I poured the coffee into my mug. "There's some cereal in the pantry if you want some."

"Sure, what do you have?" He asked.

"Uh Coco Pops, Frosties and Cheerios." I mumbled. He nodded and pulled out the Frosties, making himself a bowl. He ate his cereal while I finished up my coffee. We got into my car and drove down to the school.

Once we got there, we parted ways. He headed off to god knows where while I headed to my classroom. People would think that a drama teacher wouldn't have a lot of papers to grade yet I did for the prompt I had them do daily to test the bounds of their creativity.

It may sound bias but I think Ashton's were the best. He had so much potential but I knew he was only taking this class because he needed the credit. I was broken from my thoughts by a knock at my door.

"Come in." I yelled as Zayn walked in.

"Hey, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tonight." He asked.

"Yeah, definitely. I could use a break from everything." I nodded. "Oh but Harry wanted to bring along Niall."

"Who?" He furrowed his brows. "Oh that little blonde kid he was friends with."

"Yeah, him." I chuckled. "Is that okay?"

"Of course, the more the merrier." Zayn shrugged.

"Cool, where and what time?" I asked.

"Um I'll send you the address and at nine." Zayn said.

"Alright, see you then." I smiled.

"Yeah, see ya." Zayn waved as he left my class. My first period started and we ran through some improv the whole class period.

The bell rang and all of my students left but I kept Ashton back. "What's up?" He asked.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm going out tonight so you have the place to yourself. You can invite your friends over if you'd like just clean up any messes you make, no drugs and no alcohol."

"Got it." He chuckled. "Well if that's it then I'll meet you here after school?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then." I smiled as he left the class. The rest of the day went by as usual and Ashton and I were about to head home.

"Hey, dad." He smiled as he stepped into my classroom with his friends following behind.

"Hey, Ashton and Ashton's friends. What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Um I was wondering if you could give us a ride? You said I could invite friends over." Ashton fiddled with his fingers nervously.

"Yeah, no problem." I shrugged and Ashton looked taken back.

"Wait really?" He asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I give you guys a ride?" I chuckled. "I've got four seats."

"Oh, it's just usually when I ask my other dad he tells me no." Ashton mumbled.

"Ash, you should stop comparing me to your other dad. We're not the same person, we have different views on things."

"Right, sorry." He apologized.

"It's fine but we better get going." I picked up my keys.

"Thanks Mr.Tomlinson." Calum smiled.

"It's seriously not a problem but I should probably learn your names." I pointed to the two other boys I had seen Ashton hanging around with. One had colorful hair and the other had a lip piercing.

"Well I'm Luke and this is Michael." The one with the lip ring said.

"Well it's nice meeting you both, now let's head out to my car." I lead them out to my car and we drove down to my flat. I opened up the door and they all walked in. "So what do you guys want for dinner?"

"Chinese takeout?" Luke suggested as the others murmured in agreement.

"Alright." I shrugged. "I'll order it before I leave."

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you going out with?" Michael asked.

"Uh Mr.Payne, Mr.Malik, Ashton's dad and his uncle Niall." I mumbled.

"Why?" Ashton asked.

"Well we all went to high school together and we haven't hung out as a group since then." I explained.

"Makes sense." Luke shrugged.

I nodded, "Yeah, well I'm going to let you guys be. I figure you don't want me hanging around with you so I'll be in my room."

"Alright, see you later Mr.Tomlinson." Calum waved.

"Oh and feel free to just call me Louis out of school. Mr. makes me sound old." I cringed. "I only allow it in school because it's a professional environment."

"Yes Mr.—I mean, Louis." Luke smiled. I smiled back and headed into my room. I stayed in there for a few hours till it was eight-thirty. I had finished getting dressed and was about to head out.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna go now but the Chinese food is on its way and it's already been paid for. I don't know when I'll be back but if I'm not back before you go to sleep make sure the door is locked. I don't really care what you do as long as you clean up any messes you make."

"Got it." Ashton nodded as he walked me to the door. "Thank you so much."

"It's no problem, I want you and your friends to have fun." I shrugged.

"No that's not what I mean." He shook his head. "Thank you for being there for me. I know this must be hard for you, such a drastic change in your life but you so easily stepped up to be my other father. Thank you for that."

"Well thank you for wanting me in your life. I've always wanted kids but I never thought it was possible since I was gay so this is like a dream come true for me." I smiled back. I hugged him tightly and left.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

A/n: soo get low was released today and I've gotta say, I like it better than strip that down. I think thats how I've been with the boy's solo stuff so far and I'll probably be like that when Louis releases back to you. Like I liked sweet creature more than sign of the times and I liked slow hands more than this town. Idk is this just me? Anyway love you xoxo