Chapter 6

Third person's POV

Ashton walked out of school and patiently waited for his dad to pick him up. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels. A car pulled up but to his dismay it wasn't his father's it was Niall's.

Niall rolled down the window, "Get in."

Ashton leaned his head in. "Where's my dad?"

"He's at home fixing dinner for tonight, he asked me to come pick you up." Niall explained.

"I don't want to ride with you, I'd rather walk." Ashton snorted.

"Ashton, just get in the fucking car." Niall closed his eyes, losing his patience at this point.

"Fine." Ashton grumbled and climbed into the car. They drove off to the house. Once they had gotten there Ashton walked into the kitchen to find his dad making lasagna.

"Looks good." Ashton nodded towards the tray.

"Thank you." Harry smiled.

Ashton began to dig through the fridge for some type of snack. "So I did invite a guest over for dinner by the way."

"Okay that's fine, Niall will be joining us as well." Harry put the tray into the oven.

"When does he not?" Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Why are you so hostile towards him?" Harry asked.

"Cause he's messy, obnoxious, clingy, and apparently doesn't know how to go to his own house." Ashton ranted.

"At least I wear pants." Niall yelled from the other room. Ashton mumbled incoherent curse words under his breath.

"Why does he have to stay for dinner?" He sighed.

"Because he's your uncle and we love him." Harry chuckled.

"He's not even my uncle." Ashton huffed.

The doorbell rang and Harry slipped the oven mitts off. "I'll go get the door."

"Okay." Ashton shrugged and took a bite out of the apple he had taken out of the fridge.

Harry opened up the door only to become face to face with Louis. Harry froze up, his heart pounding in his chest but Louis seemed unfazed he didn't take a double take, just smiled widely.

"Hello, you must be Ashton's father. I'm his theater teacher, Mr.Tomlinson but you can just call me Louis." Louis shook Harry's hand, who was still stunned.

"Uh Marcel, Marcel Styles." Harry mumbled, telling Louis his actual name would definitely give his identity away.

"Nice to meet you Marcel, Ashton speaks very highly of you." Louis smiled.

"Yeah, he talks highly of you too. Won't you come in?" Harry moved to the side allowing Louis step in. They walked into the living room where Niall was laying on the couch watching a football game.

"Is that Ashton's uncle?" Louis asked.

Harry shifted uncomfortably, "Erm yeah, why do you ask?"

"I think he was taking pictures of me in the parking lot a few weeks back." Louis whispered.

Harry froze again, knowing that it did happen. "I doubt it."

"Oh well." Louis shrugged. "What's his name."

"His name? Um N-Nigel." Harry stammered.

Louis nodded and walked over to him. He stood in front of Niall. His eyes widened at Louis, who stuck his hand out to him. "Hi, Nigel. I'm Mr.Tomlinson, Ashton's drama teacher but you can call me Louis."

"Nice to meet you, Louis." Niall chuckled nervously. "Won't you join me to watch some football?"

"Sure, I love football." Louis smiled and sat down on the couch next to Niall.

"Do you want something to drink? Like a beer or something?" Niall asked.

"Sure, thanks." Louis nodded. Niall hurriedly stood up from the couch and walked over to Harry.

He dragged him into the kitchen, "What the fuck is this?"

"I don't know, I just opened the door and he was there." Harry wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans.

"This is bad, Harry. Really bad." Niall pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You think I don't know that?" Harry snapped. "Look he didn't recognize me or you, as far as he knows your name is Nigel, we're actually related and my name is Marcel."

"Okay, you better tell that to Ashton before he tells him something different." Niall warned.

"You're right grab three beers for us." Harry mumbled and ran upstairs to Ashton's room. "Hey your guest is here."

"Oh, Mr.Tomlinson is here?" Ashton hopped up from his bed, excitedly.

"Yeah but um why didn't you tell me it was him you invited?" Harry asked.

"You didn't ask." Ashton shrugged.

"Okay well if it comes up, my name is Marcel, Niall's is Nigel, and he's your real uncle." Harry explained.

"Why?" Ashton furrowed his brows.

"I can't really explain just do it, okay?"

"Yeah, okay." Ashton eyed Harry weirdly and headed downstairs. Harry stood there for a minute then heaved a sigh and headed down stairs.

Ashton, Niall and Louis were already sat on the couch engulfed in conversation. Harry sat down as well and Niall handed him a beer, which he definitely needed.

The oven beeped so Harry took the tray out and served up four plates and set them on the table. "Dinner's ready." He yelled.

They all sat at the table and Louis decided to start dinner conversation. "So Marcel, what do you do for a living?"

"Um I'm a photographer and occasionally I model as well." Harry mumbled.

"I must've seen you model something, you look a bit familiar." Louis nodded. Niall and Harry shared a knowing look.

"Yeah, must be." Harry smiled fakely and went back to his food.

"Well my dad lived here for like sixteen years, maybe you knew him before he moved." Ashton shrugged.

Harry froze, "No I-I didn't."

Ashton looked at him,"Yes, you did. That's why we moved here in the first place, you wanted to be back in your home town."

"No, I didn't. Be quiet, Ashton." Harry snapped.

Ashton looked at him bewildered, his dad never spoke to him like that. "Why are you lying? Why are you making me lie?"

"I'm not, would you stop." Harry slammed his hands down on the table.

"No, I won't stop till you tell me the truth. What the hell is going on?" Ashton yelled.

"You want the truth? Fine, I'll give you the truth." Harry fired back but Niall grabbed his arm.

"Harry, I don't think you want to do this right now. You're about to make a huge mistake." Niall said lowly.

"No, I'm not. I can't do this anymore. I can't deal with the secrets and the lies anymore, I've done it for fifteen years. I can't do it anymore."

"What are you talking about?" Ashton furrowed his brows.

Harry took a deep breath. "Ashton, Louis is your dad."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

A/n: cliffhanger I know, deal with it. You'll just have to wait until next week to know how Louis and Ashton react to the news.