Chapter 9

Ashton's POV

I was beyond pissed. How could he have gone my entire life without telling me who my real dad was. I would understand if he was a rapist or a criminal or something but no. He was just a regular drama teacher.

There was nothing wrong with him, he was a great guy. Why wouldn't he want me to know about the guy if he was so great? I understand not telling him then but not telling me? That was fucked up.

I walked up to my friends, "He lied to me."

"What? Who?" Luke asked.

"My dad, h-he knows Mr.Tomlinson. Very well actually." I muttered.

"Well how does he know him?" Michael asked.

"Mr.Tomlinson is my dad." I bit my lip.

"I thought your dad was a sperm donor." Luke furrowed his brows.

"No, my dad lied about that. He dated Mr.Tomlinson in high school and he got pregnant with me." I explained.

"Wow, that's rough mate. I'm sorry." Calum smiled sympathetically.

"I'm fine, I'm just not talking to my dad at the moment." I shrugged.

Michael scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Um which one?"

"Michael." Luke scolded.

"What?" Michael raised his arms in defense.

"Don't ask him something like that." Luke shook his head.

"No it's fine, the one that I've known my whole life not Mr.Tomlinson. He didn't do anything wrong."

"How does he feel about this whole situation?" Calum asked.

"He just asked questions but he was so calm about it." I shrugged.

"I don't know how he could be, I mean if I all of a sudden found out I had a son I'd be freaking out." Calum said.

"Yeah." I sighed. The bell rang so we parted ways and went to our classes. As I walked into Mr.Tomlinson's class we made slight eye contact but I quickly looked away and got into my seat.

I stayed silent the whole class just thinking. Thinking of all the opportunities my dad had to tell me the truth. He could've told me when I first asked who my dad was, he could've told me when we moved back to Doncaster, he could've told me when I asked if he knew he Mr.Tomlinson.

I was broken from my thoughts as I heard the bell ring. Had I really zoned out for that long? I scrambled to pack my stuff up and headed to the door.

"Ashton, could you stay back a moment?" Mr.Tomlinson asked.

I stopped in my tracks and heaved a sigh. "I don't really know what I should call you now. Louis, dad, pops, Mr.Tomlinson."

"Which ever makes you feel more comfortable." He shrugged. "Although I would prefer Mr.Tomlinson during class."

"Yes, Mr.Tomlin–er dad." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Have a seat." He gestured to the desk in front of him. I sighed and sat down. He sat on the corner of the desk and looked at me with a smile.

"What?"

"It's just now that I know you're my son I see the resemblance." He laughed.

"Yeah um why did you want me to stay after?" I asked.

"So I talked to your dad–your erm other dad this morning and we've come to an agreement on what we're going to do. I thought you should know what's going on and even have a say on what you want." He explained.