Chapter 15: Brothers

Start from the beginning

"I didn't say anything." He said, still standing beside the door.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I wanna show you something." He said and carefully took my hand. He took me to a room not far from Rose's room.

He opened it and both of us went inside. It's a little girl's room.

"Who's room is this? Do we have a cousin that stays here or something?" I asked.

"No... It's supposed to be your room." He calmly said.
I stopped...and just looked around. This was supposed to be mine? I smiled while looking at the pictures.

"It's so weird... I feel like I've been here a bunch of times before." I said. The room's so comfy. They even had the toys that I like when I was a kid. There were games and stuff, I really loved it.
"Gosh, mom and dad. They look so happy together." I said as I saw a picture of them on a table by the bed.

Then when I saw a picture of them when they were still kids, I cracked up.
"Are these you guys? Wow, you look EXACTLY the same. This is hilarious."

"At least I'm adorable." He grinned.

"Hey don't push it." I pointed a finer at him.

When I was still looking around, I saw a photo album labeled 'VALENTINE'. I opened it and saw pictures of me.
"This is---this is me...how did you---"

"Adam couldn't bear not seeing you grow up. With the help of Omma, we got these pictures." He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile. He did care.
"Gosh, I do look weird... I've never even seen most of these. But there are so many of them, why?"

"Even though we couldn't be a part of your life then, you're still our little sister. From a family of Kings, literally, you were our princess. We watched you grow up...and we're happy and proud that you've become strong, lovable and sincere person that you are." He said. Why do they always say things that make me tear up?

"Why do you suddenly sound like Omma?" I wiped my eyes.
"It's just so sad. You know a lot about me but I don't even know a thing about you guys." I looked down.

"We'll get there." He pat my head.
To be honest, I feel a bit...complete. The wounds are there I'm not denying it, but knowing things about my past like, having siblings and everything, and finally understand why dad was so mysterious.
.
.
.

I watched Rose the whole night. I couldn't sleep. I've never felt his nervous before. I really did my best to somehow lower her temperature.
"Yes, aunt Angela, she was a bit feverish last night but her temperature went back to normal this morning." I called Daniel's mom to make sure I didn't missed anything. I went down to the loving and looked for Vince since he promised Rose that we'd make her breakfast. He wasn't there so I decided to check what's in the fridge. I was so pre-occupied with my phone though since Joy kept sending me pictures of what outfits she thinks that'll look best on her.

When I grabbed the handle of the fridge, I noticed that there was another hand who reached for it. I slowly looked up and saw a shirtless guy who I think just dipped in the pool.

 I slowly looked up and saw a shirtless guy who I think just dipped in the pool