And what would happen if you didn’t?

I’d be keeping him safe.

I looked at her as she read the message.  And when she looked up at me, I could see understanding in her eyes.

“You know that might not work though,” she said.

“I’m willing to try,” I said.

She looked back at her messenger and started typing.

What are you going to do about Nash?

I’m going to go on like the kiss never happened.  He’s my friend after all and that’s all I want him to be.

“Okay,” Luke said as we circled around where we’d landed the two helicopters. 

Rowan and Nash were standing on either side of me.  Kade was beside Xander.  He hadn’t even looked over at me the entire time we’d been getting everything out.  But if I wanted to keep him safe, that would be the only way that I could.

“Division Four is different from Division Sixteen.  Roth and Dane are freezing the cameras now so we should be able to get in undetected,” Luke continued.  “When we get in, there will be some Guards on duty, but only a few.  Try not to get into anything with them though.  They’ll know something happened if there are dead Guards everywhere when they get back.  We’re going to split up into groups of two or three so we can cover more.”

I looked over at Rowan.  “You’re going with me,” I said, and then looked at Roth, who was on the other side of her.  “Can you go with Kade?”

“Yeah, he wanted me to anyway,” he said.  “Are you two not getting along?”

“No, but just make sure he’s okay,” I said.  “Please.”

He smiled.  “I know, Rayney.  I will,” he said.

“Rayney,” Nash said from my other side.

I tensed up for a moment before I turned to look at him.  “Yeah?” I asked.

“I just wanted to say I was sorry,” he said, looking down at the ground.  “What happened…that was out of line.”

“I know,” I said.  “I’m just going to forget it ever happened.  I think we both should.”

“Are we okay?” he asked, looking back at me.

“Yes,” I said.  “You’re one of my best friends now and I like having you around.  I want you to stay that way.”

“Okay,” he said, smiling.  “Be careful in there, okay?”

“I will,” I said.

Everyone was quiet as we walked toward Division Four.  Dane came out from behind an electrical box and walked toward us.

“Everything’s frozen and they wouldn’t suspect a thing,” he said.  “We’re good to go.”

“Kade and I’ll go to the control room and see if there’s any information there,” Roth said.  He patted his bag that was slung over his shoulder that carried his laptop.  “We’ll get as much as we can.”

“Good,” Eli said.  “Everyone else, we’re going to search everywhere else.  If you find anything useful, take it.  But try not to make it so obvious that something’s missing.”

Division Four looked different from Division Sixteen.  Where Division Sixteen was completely underground, Division Four consisted of multiple buildings.  There wasn’t anyone outside, but we knew there were some inside.  So when we got to main doorway going inside, Adem went in first and then gave us the all clear.