Chapter 24

About two hours later, I had snuck off the moon using the same trick I used to get onto the surface. The Emperor had commanded me to meet them at the Death Star.

I clicked the lever and melted out of hyperspace right in front of the Death Star. The tractor beam snaked out of the Death Star and began to drag me inside. Vader and the Emperor waited for me as I lowered the ramp and scampered onto the deck. I nodded to the both of them.

"What have you learned, young Tÿtar?" the Emperor asked.

"The rebels are planning to steal the Death Star plans from the base on Scarif!" I whispered. The Emperor and Vader both turned to look at me. Doubt shine plainly in the Emperor's steady gaze.

"It's true!" I insisted. Vader turned and looked at the Emperor. He nodded grimly.

"I along with Tarkin will take the Death Star and you and young Tÿtar stand by on the Devastator to await farther orders. Understood?" I nodded and spun on my heel and trailed after my father. He turned and headed back towards my ship. A small frown creased my forehead. I still didn't know what was wrong, and I didn't want to endanger my father. He must have sensed my unease.

"We'll be alright, Skylar." I nodded and sat down I the pilot's seat and took I a deep breath. It was time to head out again.

_____________________

I ran a hand through my thick hair as I paced through the cockpit. Vader sat calmly in the co-pilot seat, meditating. As I turned on my heel and prepared to pace three steps before I had to turn again, Vader spoke up.

"You must be calm. Reach out with the Force." I stopped and closed my eyes. I reached out into the Force, extending my senses towards the planet of Scarif. I felt the Rebels triumph die slowly as they became overwhelmed. They fell one by one, and then they fell by the dozens, even as reinforcements poured into the system.

"Is it time?" I asked. When I got no answer, I turned around and saw Vader staring out into space. I followed his gaze and watched as a Star Destroyer exited hyperspace.

"Now it's time. Take me to the Destroyer." I nodded and prepared to enter the the Destroyer.

As we touched down onto the deck, Vader motioned for me to stay put and swept onto the deck, cape billowing. He spoke to his men as we exited hyperspace, right in the middle of the fleeing rebel fleet.

"Prepare a boarding party," Vader said as he boarded my ship.

"Who are we going after?" I asked as we flew out into space.

"The Tantive IV. Princess Leia's ship." I paused, before nodding.

"Do they have the plans?" He nodded grimly as two TIEs flanked either side of us. Smoke poured into my ship as Vader stormed out, lightsaber in hand. I followed behind as he ignited his saber, the blood red blade bathing the area in red light. The rebels screamed in terror at his armored figure, and raised their blasters an fired frantically. He calmly raised his blade and sent them screaming back into the rebels.

He stalked forward, cape following and lightsaber humming. He smashed his way through the crowd, one after the other falling to his blade. I placed a hand on the hilt of my lightsaber and started after him, eyes searching for the rebel who had the plans. My eyes landed on the one farthest from my father's blade. Terror rolled off of him as he stared death in the face, but there was a tiny, defiant flame of hope as he passed a data card through the door before dying.

I watched, stunned as the rebles slipped through my father's grasp, carrying  the plans farther and farther away. With each step, their hope grew from a flicker into a blazing fire as their ship detached from the main ship and blasted away before jumping to hyperspace. My father stopped, staring into the space were they had been, cape whirling and blade glowing before he turned back and stalked away.

"After them!" he growled, sweeping past me and the group of stormtroopers. The troopers fell into line behind him, marching away. I stared out into the empty area before turning on my heel and sprinting after my father. I stopped beside him, panting

"I know where they are." Vader halted and turned to look at me.

"They're heading towards Tatoonie."

_______________________________________________
A/N

Hey guys! I finally managed to post another chapter. This one is shorter and not as exiting, but it's important for the plotline for later. May the Force be with you! <3