Chapter 11

I settled down into a chair on Cody's ship and we left Ryloth. I had never left the planet before, so this was incredible. Obi Wan entered the sitting area, carrying a belt of sorts.

"Here. Hang your lightsaber on this." I smiled as I took it. I wrapped it around my waist, then clipped my lightsaber to it. I was so proud of my saber. It's a deep violet color, with a sleek silver handle.

We had hidden on Ryloth for 6 days, bidding our time and dodging enemy storm troopers. Finally, we were able to sneak into the ship port and steal back Cody's ship and escape the planet. But I was worried. What had Vader done with my family? Tortured them? Or even killed them?

Obi say down in a chair next to me, and then Cody entered.

"So. Where are we headed to?" I thought about it. What planet would be the best to hide out on?

"What about Naboo?" I asked. My mother, after all, had lived there. "Please?"

"Sure." Cody nodded and set course for Naboo. It probaly would take a few days to get there, even at lightspeed. I wonder what it would've been like to be Queen of a whole planet.

"Can you tell me about my mother?"

"She was very beautiful and young. She was very brave too, refusing even protection from Jedi. She eventually caved, and accepted our help. I protected her when she was Queen, with my master, Qui-Gon. Then, years later, I protected her again with your father, who was my Padawan learner. But against Jedi rules, he fell in love with your mother, who at the time was a Sentar for Naboo. He was sent to her home planet of Naboo to keep her safe while I tracked down Padme's attacker. Once we found him, your mother and father were married behind my back. A few years later, Padme became pregant with you. She told your father and then he had a nightmare about her dying in child birth. Years before, he saw his mother dying. And it came true. Then Darth Sidous told him he told if he could use the dark side, he could save Padme. But Sidous tricked him, and your mother died anyway, and he became Darth Vader."

"How did he end up in that suit?" I asked, picking at the chair I was sitting in. This story matched the one my foster family had told me.

Obi began to fidget. "Once your father turned to the darkside, he attacked the Jedi temple, killing all the Jedi except myself and Yoda another Jedi master. I was sent to confront him on Mustafar. We dueled; and the battle was long and intense. I managed to gain the upper hand, and he fell close enough to a lake of lava, and he was set on fire. I couldn't bring myself to kill him, so I abandoned him. Soon after, you were born." I leaned back into my chair, dropping my hand to my leg.

"You had to kill him?" I whispered angrily. Obi-Wan's head shot up.

"No, Skylar! That's not what. . ."

"Then what did you mean?" I snapped. Anger gnawed at me, but it felt different. It snaked through my stomach and twisted into my heart.

I heard a voice whisper,"Yes, Skylar. . . give into your hate. . ."

I jumped up. "No, go away!"

Obi looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"There's a voice! Talking to me!" I responded as the voice died away.

"It might be Vader," mused Obi. "Or it could be. . ." He was cut off as the ship began to rock.

"We have arrived above Naboo," announced Cody, sauntering into the room. "So what's our cover story?"

"Well, I'm Skylar's grandfather, and you're my son and her uncle. Sky's parents passed on. We are traders, but now I'm retiring on Naboo and you're settling down with the girl. Sky, remember to hide your lightsaber."

I nodded and Cody grinned.

"It's a plan, old man." I smiled as Cody and Obi howled with laughter.