Chapter 16

"I hate waiting!" I thought, slamming my fist onto the control panel in frustration. Standing up, I brushed Obi-Wan's hand off my shoulder.

"Now what?" I thought angrily. I threw my hands up at the question.

"I don't know! Wait for them to board the ship?" My brain shouted. Panic began to bubble in my chest. I didn't know what to do, and for the first time since I was nine, I was afraid. Obi-Wan placed both hands on my shoulder, forcing me to look at him.

"Calm down, Skylar. We'll use the Force." He smiled at me. This was an old joke between us.

"That's not how the Force works," I finished. Of course, the Force could be used in our situation, but when the joke was invented, well, we'll just say that the Force can't be used in every situation.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded. "What's the game plan?"

"Assuming they board using the ramp and don't blast their way in here, we can ambush them at the door. Okay? Remember, the Force is with us." Nodding, we both left the cockpit and crept to the door. Reaching out with the Force, I counted a dozen beings ready to board my ship and at least five dozen on the sideline, waiting.

"We're a little out numbered here," I murmured. He nodded. My nerves were humming and the Force felt alive.  Obi-Wan looked at me.

"Calm Skylar. Feel the Force. Don't rush into this. We can play it smart."

"Their blasters are set to stun," I said suddenly. "They aren't here to kill us."

"That changes things," Obi-Wan murmured. 

"Who do you think it is?" I asked. Obi reached out with the Force, concentration lining his face. His eyes suddenly snapped open. 

"Who is it?" I asked. "Tell me!"

"It's Boba Fett."

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for another short and delayed chapter. I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting to a new school. I've also been having lots of trouble with writer's block as well, so I'd appreciate any ideas you guys have for the next five chapters or so! Thanks for all the reads, comments and votes. It means so much to me! Have a great week <3