Chapter 10

Camila's POV

I woke up like how I wanted to wake up every morning for the rest of my life. Naked and held in Lauren's arms. Looking up at the ceiling with the sunlight cracking through the curtains, I then turned over to look at her still in a deep slumber. She looked so innocent in that state. Eyes closed, heavy breathing, lips slightly parted, and delicate facial features. So pure that I trailed my finger along the side of her cheek into caressing the soft skin with my hand. Too precious.

Kissing her forehead softly, I got out of our hotel bed, putting on my underwear and one of Lauren's band T-shirt's in the process. I moved slowly because I had yet to still grasp everything that had happened recently. Especially last night when I told Lauren I was pregnant.

We went back together alone to the hotel to talk all about it. At some moments, she had her doubts that I was actually pregnant, forcing me to assure her that I was with the doctor's confirmation. But she was ecstatic anyway which was the most adorable sight to see. She couldn't stop smiling the whole night because of how happy she was. So happy that we even ended up making love for hours.

I couldn't even remember a time I was this happy either. Lauren and I were going to be a family. It would be her and I, and our son or daughter. There was nothing I wanted more than that.

While reading a book in bed, I lightly combed my fingers through Lauren's locks as she still slept right beside me. And again, I pictured myself doing this for the rest of my life. Lauren and I would be together for as long as we lived. I knew that for a fact.

_____________________

"Nervous?" Lauren asked me before taking another long sip of her Starbuck's frap.

"A little bit," I replied with a nod but then laughed. "You look more nervous than me though."

"I just get a little anxious before doctor's appointments that's all. I don't want anything bad to happen to our peanut," she said, trying to smile to show that she was okay.

I took her hand and smiled myself, "I'm sure everything is going to be fine, love."

After she kissed my hand and went back to her nervous drinking, we continued to ride in a comfortable silence to our appointment.

We were in Los Angeles so that we could meet my OBGYN and get the due date of the baby. But after finishing, it was decided that I would be going back to Miami to live with Lauren in her apartment. So for that matter, I was going to see two obstetricians—one in LA and another in Miami—since we knew the baby would be born in LA because of timing. It was kind of confusing but I had to see a doctor anywhere I went just in case.

"Hello, very nice to meet you both. I'm Dr. Raymond, your obstetrician and gynecologist," a middle-aged woman with light brown hair and tan skin came into the hospital room.

"Hi, I'm Camila," I introduced myself, shaking her hand with a bright grin.

"Hi, I'm Lauren, nice to meet you," my girlfriend greeted, standing to my right of the bed where I sat.

"Yes, my daughter is a huge fan of you two," she smiled. "But I can't remember... best friends? Girlfriends?" the physician looked between the both of us with furrowed brows, probably trying to figure out where the father was.

"She's my girlfriend and the one who got me pregnant," I giggled before Lauren was going to have to do her "girl with penis spiel."

"Oh... uh..." the doctor looked puzzled as expected.

"Not my first rodeo, Camz. I got this," Lauren winked at me and turned to the doctor. "Let me explain..." she laughed humorously while I sat back and listened.