Epilogue

Well... Here it is. The epilogue. Hope you guys loved this book! It makes me so so so happy to read your comments. I can't express enough how important your support has been. I've thought a couple times about stopping this book and just not continuing, but all of your votes and comments have motivated me to push through.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I love you all so much!

Enjoy this chapter. I made it extra long in honour of YOU!

Thank you all once again.

Love always,
Me xo

//

*Two Years Later*

Nerves coursed through my veins while my thoughts were dancing hand in hand around my brain. My suitcase hands loosely in my fingers, the bottom of it grazing the floor lazily.

"I can't believe my baby is off to university." My Mother gushes, tears glistening in her eyes.

I shake my head at her with a smile. "I'm not going that far away. I can still drive home on weekends and holidays." I tell her, reassurance coating my voice.

"Two hours is a long-time Allie." She exaggerates like the drama queen she is.

I laugh softly, stepping forward into here embrace. I got accepted into a University not too far but I chose to go to the one further away, not because I wanted to 'escape' my family, but because it offers better courses and cheap full-time accommodation.

I got a double room that I only have to pay $150 every fortnight; I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

The back door of my car slams, the boot overflowing with luggage and belongings. My Mother ensured I had everything I might possibly need.

Clothes, shoes, extra toothbrushes, my whole supply of socks...

I slipped into my car, letting the window down. Michael and Mum were standing on the sidewalk hand in hand, ready to walk me off. I lean out the window and ruffle Michael's hair to which he scowls.

"Allie! You know I hate that."

I laugh at him, finding the annoyance of an eight-year-old amusing.

"That's why I had to do it one last time." I grin, watching his lips curve upwards into a grin.

"Call me when you get there." Mum says as I turn the key in the ignition.

"I will."

"And when you get into your dorm."

"Okay." I sigh, smiling at her.

"Love you Allie." She waves as I pull the car from the curb.

The car ride was long and tiring but I managed. The radio was on and off throughout the car ride. I spent most of it watching the fast food restaurants passing by.

My stomach dropped when I pulled into the University. There were people everywhere. I felt so out of place.

I remembered little from the tour I had gone on from last year.

I grabbed my largest suitcase, dragging it behind me, deciding on coming back later when I knew where my allocated room was.

I followed the crowds of people into the University, following the signs pointing in the direction of the information centre.