Chapter Six

For the rest of the week nothing exciting happens. Chris ignores me as much as I ignore him. I also asked my mum about the sleepover which she agreed too.

Before I knew it, Friday was rolling around. I took a bag full of stuff to school because we were all going straight from school to Hannah's house for the sleepover.

I meet Jessica, Emma and Hannah at the front of the school when classes finish. We greet each other with hellos and bright smiles.

"My mum said she would come get us," Hannah announces.

So we all chat away while we wait for Hannah's mum to come get us. Eventually she pulls up and we all pile into the car.

"Hello, you must be Allie?" Hannah's mother greets me. I nod with a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you, ah-"

"You can call me Linda," she helps me. I nod as she pulls the car away from the curb.

It doesn't take long to get to Hannah's house but when the car pulls in the driveway, I can't help but gasp at the house.

It's not massive but it sure isn't small either. The landscaping is done beautifully, with hedges lining the front porch and all sorts of different plants. There is an outdoor swing-chair on the front porch, and cream coloured curtains dress the windows at the front of the house.

The girls giggle at my reaction to the house. We all climb out of the car, grabbing onto our belongings. I'm still in awe of the house as we climb up the front stairs.

When I look around, the whole neighbourhood is filled with beautiful houses. I especially like Hannah's though because it has an older look to it, which in my eyes, gives the whole place a homier feel.

The house has two stories. The other three girls jog up the stairs, presumably towards Hannah's bedroom or wherever we're sleeping tonight.

I bounce up the stairs, following after them. I enter a room with blankets, pillows and mattresses all over the floor.

"This, ladies," Hannah declares. "Is where we will be sleeping,"

Mattresses cover the whole floor, quite literally. There are at least five mattresses over the floor. We all squeal and jump onto the mattresses, claiming the places we will be sleeping.

There is nothing else in this room than pillows, blankets and mattresses. This is going to be the best sleepover ever.

There is enough room for more than ten people to sleep. A flat-screen TV hangs on the wall. A shelf sits on the wall next to it, filled with more movies than I can count.

I jump up to browse through the movies. Emma comes up beside me and we start looking through them.

"Should we pick some movies too watch?" I ask.

"Yeah good idea! We can all pick one each and then we'll pick one as a group to watch," Jessica says from behind me.

Both Emma and I pick out chick flicks and step away for the other two girls to choose their movies. Jessica grabs a Marvel movie and Hannah comes away with a horror movie.

I hate horror but I love it if that makes sense. I like the plot and the story of the movie, I just get scared watching them. I guess I've never really had anyone to watch them with though. Now I'll be with the girls and we can all be scared together.

"So what movie do we all want to watch?" Jessica asks.

"How about a comedy?" Emma suggests.

"Yeah, I like the sound of that," I agree.