Chapter Ten

After clearing everything up with Ethan, all I can worry about during lunch is whether or not Chris really likes me.

Nicole could just be pulling my leg right?

Speak of the devil, she struts into the cafeteria wearing a crop top and shorts that come right up to her butt and don't even get me started on the heels. I've got to give it to her, it takes talent to walk in things that big.

She slides in right next to me.

"Hey Allie!" she chirps.

I put all my defences up. She wants something.

"Oh hey Nicole,"

"So have you got your eye on anyone?"

"Um...no?" I reply, shooting a helpless look at Ethan.

"You sure?" she presses the subject further.

"Yes I'm sure,"

Everyone at the table is looking at us now; Emma looks rather interested in the topic.

"Well as you probably know, there is a dance coming up at the end of the week," she announces.

"Actually, I didn't know that,"

"I told you that the other day," Jakob pipes up.

"Oh... I guess I wasn't listening,"

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. So there is a school dance at the end of the week and I have a friend that needs a date. Will you do it? Pretty please?" she asks, batting her eyes.

"Do I know him?" I ask.

"I don't think so," she says.

"Then why don't you go with him?" I question, giving her a pointed look.

"I'm actually waiting for someone else to ask me," she flicks her eyes over to Chris quickly, then back at me.

Jealously bubbles inside me but I push it away, cursing myself for being jealous. He's not my boyfriend and he doesn't like me back. I don't even know if I like him for sure.

"Well maybe I'm waiting to be asked too?"

"But you said you don't have your eye on anyone," she narrows her eyes at me.

"Well maybe I do."

I see Chris's head snap towards us from the corner of my eye, but I try my best to ignore it.

"Okay then. Who is it?" she interrogates me.

"I don't have to tell you," I shrug and shuffle away from her, until I'm almost falling off the seat.

"Yes you do. Just tell me his name,"

"Who said it's a he?" Jakob laughs from the other side of the table.

I throw half of my sandwich at him. He throws his hands up in surrender, laughing with Ethan and taking a bite out of the sandwich.

"Just tell me. Please!" she practically begs me.

"Nah," I reply.

"I already know who it is!" she screeches at me.

"Woah, chill out." I say, shuffling even further away from her until I'm hardly even on the seat anymore.

"Stay away from him! He is mine. He doesn't like you, he likes me!"

She gives me a hard shove so that I fall off the seat onto my butt and smack my head on the floor. Great now I have a bruised butt, a lump on my head and a bruised hand, the last one being completely my fault.