Chapter Fourteen

As the day comes to an end, I'm jittery with nerves about meeting whoever sent the flowers. I practically throw my books into my locker and shove everything down into my bag.

I slam the locker and go to run towards the door but smack into a hard chest. I look up to see Chris smiling down at me.

"Come on," I say, urging him.

I grab his hand and drag him out towards the back door of the gym. I peek my head outside the door and see a figure sitting on the bleachers, facing away from me.

I smile and give Chris's hand a tug and he starts walking again. When we're outside, I turn and put my hand on Chris's chest to stop him.

"You have to stay here," I say.

"What? Why? Are you insane?" he huffs.

"No, I don't want to look weird. Would you go to meet a girl and bring another girl along?" I question.

"Well, no but-"

"Hah! See?" I say cutting him off.

He rolls his eyes and grunts. "Whatever."

I turn and take off towards the bleachers. When I start to get close, the guy on the bleachers turns to face me.

The smile falls off my face when I see who it is. I stop in my tracks and my jaw drops. He smirks at me and jumps off the bleachers closing the space between us.

"Hey Allison," he smiles, tapping my chin and closing my jaw.

I jerk away from him and set my jaw. I glare at the boy in front of me, hatred in my eyes.

"What do you want?" I snarl at him.

He takes a step closer and runs his finger down my jaw. I swear that if it was legal, I would stab this kid.

"Hey Allie," Chris's voice interrupts my violent thoughts.

I whirl around on my heel and my eyes widen. I shake my head at Chris. I jog over to him.

"Chris you have to go," I urge, pushing his chest to get him to turn around.

"Wait, why? Who is that guy?"

I sigh and run a hand through my hair before turning to look at him. "Remember when I told you about the... uh, guy at my old school."

"The one whose father was the teacher?" he nods, lowering his voice.

"That's him,"

I watch Chris's eyes harden as he looks at Brandon.

"Chris, just go. I can deal with this."

He walks straight past me and introduces himself to Brandon. I inwardly cringe and pray that this doesn't go downhill.

I walk up beside Chris and watch as they converse. Neither of them make any threatening movements towards each other so I guess that's a good sign.

"So why are you here?" Chris asks.

"Well, I just came to talk to Allison,"

Chris nods. "Why the flowers?"

"I don't know. Go big or go home am I right?" Brandon says with a grin.

I roll me eyes. "Okay well, I'm done here, bye,"

I turn and walk towards the school. I can hear someone jogging behind me and I hope that it's Chris. Of course, he falls in step beside me. I breathe a sigh of relief.