"Bunk beds aren't exactly romantic are they Patty?" She asked him.

"No, not really romantic...but definitely kinda kinky." He replied with a smirk.

I had to give it to him, he knew exactly how to get under her skin.

"Come on you little trouble maker." I said pulling Elise gently toward the backyard, "lets go and enjoy the air."

She followed me outside and we took seats down by the shore, the sun was already setting and it was actually quite beautiful in its serene simplicity.

"Do you know how much I love you?" I asked gently, not trying to ruin the mood.

"Too much." She replied.

"I'm not perfect Ellie, but for you I damn sure try my hardest."

"I know that." She sounded with a slight concern. She got up from her chair and placed herself onto my lap so she could cuddle against my chest.

My leg had basically healed, but it still bothered me from time to time.

"Is this okay?" She asked carefully.

I nodded.

We sat there silently enjoying our moment.

_____

The weekend was filled with much need relaxation and fun, and I was glad to see that even Elise and Patrick were being somewhat cordial toward one another.

It was on the last day that I found myself stepping out of the lake to give my leg a rest. I took a seat next to my former Luna and she smiled at me in a motherly fashion.

"Hope you're taking it easy Vance."

"Sure am trying ma'am." I answered.

"Tell me again what you're in school for?"

"Pharmaceuticals ma'am, almost done too...my dad has a friend who's going to help me with a pharmacist position once I graduate in a couple of weeks."

"Sounds like you've got things sorted out." She smiled.

"Only barely, there's so much I need to do before it's too late." I admitted absentmindedly.

"You're young, and enjoy your time at being young... you'll figure everything else out along the way ...And for what it's worth...I can tell you do impress a lot of us around you, and I can tell you my brother and sister in law are grateful at how mature a young man you are...and we all know Ellie thinks the world of you."

I couldn't help but smile, "Thank you Luna Dowager."

With that she moved to get up, I helped her, "tell everyone I've gone in for a rest please."

I nodded and watched her walk away. Soon Harper came over.

"Where's Priscilla going?" She asked of her future mother in law.

"She wanted to rest inside." I filled her in. "Hey can I ask you for a favor?"

Harper was all ears, I figured if I was ever going to get this proposal done I'd need a little help, and who better than from the future Luna.

I filled her in on everything and she threw in her two cents here and there, her options were much appreciated.

"When do you plan on popping the question?" She asked excitedly.

"I don't have any big reasons to wait, I've wanted to marry this girl since I was 17." I said as I looked over at Elise having fun in the lake. "But I don't have a solid date picked out if that's what you're asking.

"Why not just do it here?" She asked. "The lake house is the perfect place, the lake providing a naturally beautiful setting." She suggested. "Just add a couple of candles, some fresh flowers, maybe arrange for a private dinner for just the two of you...definitely romantic."

I smiled once again but this time I had to protest, I shook my head, "sounds great and all but that's not really Elise's style...come on Harper, you know Ellie."

She sighed but nodded. "If she had things her way she'd be in sweatpants and there would be no romantic gestures."

It was then that I knew what I had to do.

I had the perfect idea of what I wanted our proposal to be like.

"You okay?" Harper asked as I suddenly began to make my way back to the lake house.

"Thanks for your help Harper...Just got a couple of calls to make." I sounded before going back to my task at hand.

Once inside I found my cellphone and pulled up my dads number. I put the phone to my ear and he answered immediately.

"Hey son, everything alright?"

I hated that both my parents always assumed the worst now.

"Everything's fine Pop I just needed to talk to you."

"You know I'm always free for you and your brother, what do you want to talk about?"

"So you remember that thing I asked for while Elise was in California?" I said using slight code in case Braxton's mother happened to be listening.

"You didn't lose it did you son?"

I shook my head, "no Pop it's not like that...I still have it, just haven't used it so to speak...but I was wondering if I could talk to you about possibly getting something else?"

I knew my parents didn't exactly have a lot, they weren't poor by any means but they were hard working people, that being said my parents run a real estate company, and for "fun" they also flip houses that they buy out in cash and sell for even more cash.

"You know your mother and I don't give hand outs son."

"Yes sir...that's why I want to ask you if it would be alright to show me some house's that I may be able to pay on...I'd like to own it someday and I figured I'm going to need that before I can go through with anything else."

The phone was silent.

Then he sighed, "you're 21 son, so I respect that you're trying to make your own way and start setting things up for your future...I have a few house's in mind that a potentially growing family could use...and we can discuss payment options, but of course I'll have to discuss this with our mother."

I felt my neck heat up...growing family meant grandkids, and I haven't even proposed yet.

"One obstacle at a time Pop."

My father chuckled, "I get it son...we'll discuss this further when you get home."

I thanked him and hung up...I felt better knowing my life was begging to plan itself out.