Chapter Nineteen

The man walked me through the frozen streets. His hands were folded behind his back while mine were in my pockets. He was talking about what his story was before all of this after I told mine. He was talking about what he did for a living and what "I" was doing. Apparently we both had a "break" nightmare at the same time.

As he was telling his story though, I listened as his Irish accent flowed off of his tongue. It was weird for someone to finally talk to me in this "area." I was finally happy with everything. Though, not everything was making me happy. I lost my "friends" I thought were awesome. I'm loosing my life right here. Everything is just, frozen.

"...and when I was at the tree, the same one you described, I found your picture. I thought it was the most creepiest thing I've ever seen. I can't remember if I left it there or not. But I know right. After, I was stuck, here, in this parallel universe thing." He stated.

I nodded. It's strange how we both are living the same, lives or however you want to call it. What's strange is, I don't even know him, but whenever his shoulder touches mine, a spark in my stomach lights up.

"What's crazy is," Sean added, "I feel like I've known you forever. I would close my eyes and there you would be. You would be in my vision! I could hear your laugh, see that smile, and those gorgeous eyes. I don't know, I think this is trying to tell me something. I just can't put my finger on it."

He looked at me with those beautiful baby blue eyes. He looked back in mine. Both of us were trying to read our minds, reach into our souls. Sean stopped in front of me, still looking into my eyes. I stopped as well, but I broke the eyes contact.

"What's your name? I didn't seem to ask earlier. I feel bad." He said.

"Don't worry about." I smiled. "My name is Rocket Baker. What's yours?" I asked back.

The man chuckled. "My name is Sean McLoughlin."

I froze...

---

Walking down the street, I bumped into someone. Both of us landed on the ground, hard. My butt ached as the man groaned in pain. Luckily, I was the one in most pain. When I mean luckily, the man stood up and offered me a hand. I gladly took it and groaned to the pain on my arse.

"I'm so sorry I bumped into you! Are you okay?" The man asked with his Irish accent.

"Yes, I'm fine." I chuckled. "And it's not your fault, it's mine. I wasn't looking at where I was going. I'm sorry." I said.

The man chuckled as we "argued" over who's fault it was. We just bursted into a fit of laughter at the end because the conversation wasn't going anywhere.

"Let's just say it's both our faults." The man said. I agreed to his statement as a few more chuckles escaped my mouth.

The man held out his hand, waiting for me to grab it for a shake. When I did, he introduced himself.

"My name is Sean, Sean McLoughlin. What's yours?" He asked.

"Mine is Rocket, Rocket Baker." I replied, shaking his hand still.

When we let go of each other's hand, I looked at his face. He had baby blue eyes that you could just stare at. His smile shone like a thousand stars in the night sky. His laugh was very contagious, making me smile every time I heard it.

"Hey, this may sound weird, but, would you like to meet up, like, another time?" Sean asked.

I chuckled. "You mean, as in a date? Are you asking me on a date?" I asked.

Sean shuffled in his spot. "Well, yeah. You are very nice and...pretty. You seem to have a great personality. What do you say? Will you go on a date with me?" He asked.

I thought about it. I first thought of the negative side about saying yes. He might just be a creep who wants me for sex. Or, he could kidnap me. He could drug me with my drink. But, then I thought of the positives. He's a nice guy, and he has beautiful eyes. He seems to have a great personality. So, why not?

"Yes." I chuckled. "I will go on a date with you!"

The corners of his mouth turned up. He fiddled in his pocket, finally pulling out his phone. I pulled out mine as we exchanged numbers. Once I gave his back and he gave mine back, we said our goodbyes and went opposite directions...

---

I stared into those baby blue eyes. I grabbed his hands, looking still into them eyes. I found the same answer as we started darting toward the coffee shop, together.

Hand in hand...