Chapter Eleven

"I introduce myself as 'The Shadow.' I see the shadows, I hunt the shadows, I grab them, and take them in." I sat in the coffee shop when I thought of it. I really didn't want to loose it so I wrote it down on a piece of paper that I found.

That day, I did, only, stare at the people who gave me glares. I was holding the coffee cup that was wrapped in my hands warming them up. I really didn't care of any of the people, I just looked for that man. I still didn't know his name but I do have details of what he looks like.

Once, an old lady walked up to me. "Dia duit, conas atá tú?" She asked. What did I respond to her? "Beidh mé ag teacht ar an fear seo, tá a fhios agam go mbeidh mé" ((This is Irish language, just to note)) I said seriously, not looking at her. I think she walked away after that point because I was kind of rude to say that to her.

But then, as the day went on and they rain started to lightly pour, I think it was time to just give up and head out to 'The Tree.' I realized that I haven't been there for a little while and I decided to go and visit my old habitat. I put my cup in the trash and headed out into the sprinkle of rain.

It seemed like a buzz when I walked. Though, I felt like I was floating, not walking. I just walked through without anyone noticing and I loved it. It was just me, no one else. I didn't need to worry about meeting someone in the middle of the sidewalk, on the side of the street. It was peace and quiet.

When I finally arrived at 'The Tree', it was still sprinkling and I was kind of wet, but it didn't bug me. I climbed up the branches and into my little area. I laid back against the bark and set out my sketchbook and pencils. I plugged in my headphones to my phone jack and put the buds in my ears. My focusing music was playing and I felt myself in my world of imagination already.

Though, when I went to put my bag down on the small branch, which I hung my bag on all the time, I noticed a little note. It was kind of soaked and it was put in the bark of the tree by a small thumbtack.

I, hesitantly, grabbed the little note and gently pulled it off the tree. I gently placed the thumbtack my my thigh so I wouldn't loose it. I took the slightly soaked paper between my pointer fingers and thumbs. On it, it read:

Hello! :)
     -Anonymous

I read over and over. So many times I thought my eyes were gonna pop out. I flipped it over to see if there was anything else written on it. Nothing. Just a note, on my tree, just saying hello on it with a smiley face.

Something wasn't right here...

I tore a piece of paper out of my sketchbook and wrote 'Hello?' I took the thumbtack and put it back where I had first found it.

At this point, I'm freaked out. I pack my stuff, take my bag, and leave. Though, when I was walking home, I agreed to myself to see if my note had been gone and I had gotten an answer.