Chapter One

I live alone in the city of Dublin. Not many people have known me. I'm just a shy girl with a big potential of sketching and drawing. Manly because my father was a big sketcher when he was still alive. He married my mother, who kicked me out when I was only 20 and just starting to get used to the world, finally. But, I didn't.

My mom was very abusive to me right after my father died. I'm glad I have more genes of my father then my mother because I was supposedly a "mistake" that they made. My father was really the only person who did care for me which I was quite happy about. My father and I would always share our feeling towards each other and nothing came in our way.

Except for when he passed.

I was at school, in art class, big whoop, and the phone rang for the teacher. When he did hang up, I was sent down the the office, making the entire class go "ooh". When that happens, it makes you want to crush their heads into tiny pieces.

When I reached the office area, my "loving" mom was "crying" because of father. I was sent home early which I cried the whole way home. My mom immediately stopped crying when we hit the house. She threw me in like a barbarian, not caring that I was crying or that she hurt me, throwing me into the house.

"Now listen to me. You are going to be sitting in your room for the rest of the day. I don't care if you are crying or if I hurt you. Because you were just a mistake that your father and I had. You are foolish, never supposed to set a foot in this house. Now, since your father is now passed, I'm in charge. You listen to all my rules and you respect me. Now, room. Go!" My mom said.

Those words still haunt me to this very day. I don't talk to her anymore. I don't care about her anymore! I grabbed all the photos of my father and I when we were little before the accident. Then, my mom kicked me out, leaving me to be alone.

So, I'm here now. I, Rocket Baker, a shadow in the city of Dublin. I live in a small apartment building and my neighbors are oh so nice. It's amazing. Except for the one above though.

He's super loud. I know him because, well, he's my "neighbor" who lives upstairs. I really haven't talked to him or seen him before. All I know is that he is super loud and it's kind of hard for me to sleep at night but that has reduced a little bit. Thank god.

Anyway, I live in Dublin, as I said hundreds of times before. But, actually, my name is not Rocket. I've changed it. It was actually Y/n but I changed it to Rocket because I never liked the name I was given. My mom chose it but my father called me Rocket when I was younger so I permanently changed it to Rocket.

I'm a person who loves to sketch. Everyday I go out into a meadow and sketch. It's peace and quiet from the city. You can actually find me in the park also. During the day, I like to go out and sketch the children playing in the park. It makes me happy because it brings back small memories that I've had.

When dawn comes, I'm out of the park and to the tree. Now, this tree I found one day when I was wondering in a meadow and I've always been going to it, no matter what type of day it was. I would climb in the branches or sit under and just listen to my music and sketch. Nothing ever got in my way of it and I'm happy about it.

Leaving to the conclusion that you're probably bored of hearing me ramble and bicker backer about everything that has been going on in my life. Well, I'm sorry Mr. or Miss. Sassy but I'm trying to keep a good story going!

Anyway, today was a normal day. To be exact. I got up, took my shower, got dressed, blow dried my hair, grabbed my one sling bag with my phone, laptop, sketchbook, pencils, and other stuff, heading towards the coffee shop.

I go here almost everyday. It is very rare to not find me in this coffee shop also. I like to sit in there, sketch, and just draw the coffee shop from its inside decor. I mean, every time there is new people and new features in this coffee shop. You can tell it changes over time.

I made "friends" here in this shop. Every morning I come in and they're always happy to see me there, in the shop, ready to buy my coffee. Which, is all very kind because, it's already made! They know I come over which makes me a happy camper.

But, I sit in one spot in the shop. It's in the corner, almost in the back of the room. I like sitting there because rarely someone even notices me. But, I don't even care! As happy as I am alone, I could just have one little conversation with another human being.

Thanking the cashier, I went over to my usual spot and sat down. I didn't pull out anything this time. I just sat back and listened to everyone enjoying their conversations. The people sitting, the couples, the elders, the employees, everyone.

Human after human. Fat, chubby, skinny, gothic, rebel, popular, shy, scary, freaky, ugly, cute, warming, energetic, children, babies, fancy, it just goes on. Really, I enjoy looking at them because the outside of them really do show off their own little personality. It just keeps rolling. Like a ball that rolls down an endless hill, not knowing where its going but it will eventually get somewhere.

The people are just warm in general. I just wish one person will come up to me though. But, I guess that I am just a shadow or a fallen angel who can't find its wings to get back up.