Chapter Eight

Three days later and I've isolated myself in my apartment. Not talking to Pepper, barely eating, all I've pretty much had was left of pizza from the fridge, and water. Empty bottles scattered everywhere while I sat on my bed, thinking about that man who follows me everywhere.

Like I said, I feel like I'm in a movie or cliché book. A man who follows me everywhere, I finally track him down and we fall in love, get married, have kids, happily ever after. All of them having the same beginning, middle, and ending part to it.

I don't understand why I'm put into this situation though. It seems as though I'm a made up character myself and someone out there is putting me in this world to screw with me. But I guess this is just my thought and everything that I really do think of is just a mistake or one wacky idea.

Anyways...

I walked to the window to look out into the city, even though it was raining. Like always in Ireland, the rain poured on the the glass window panes that seemed to not mind the rain the everyday-ness brought to it.

The water of rain reminds me of tears. The blue grey water droplets that fall from the sky, almost like an eye. It blinks, like thunder, then when the eye opens again, tears fall out, like rain. Out of the cloudy mess of the eye which has seen many things throughout its life and the rain that falls out of it, gives emotion. Emotion that something happened, or that the brain wants you to feel this emotion. Emotion that someone you loved has passed away or your pet, or watching someone else cry, making you cry with them. Feeling sadness like nothing else in the world maters and that all you can see are these clouds of rain or tears. Then, that one blink of an eye, it falls. It falls down your face, over your cheek, to the chin, then, down to the ground. Those tears that would eventually never be there, because of the sun, evaporating it all.

I traced the rain on the window pane, connecting them as they were some kind of puzzle I could fix. But, even if I tried, there was no way of getting back to where I began because it slid off. I would just have to start all over again, letting my finger trace over the rain drops that were on the other side.

A knock on the door disrupted me. I jumped, clutching my chest as I wondered who would be knocking at my door. That only people who know where I live is the landlord and Pepper.

I got up, and hesitantly walked toward the door. Almost careful of each step as though I was going to wake the Earth. I clutched the doorknob and went on my tiptoes, looking through the peep hole. There, a man stood, waiting for me to answer the door.