Chapter Seventeen

I gasped...

I found myself laying on the ground with the letter in my hand. I sat up with sweat dripping down my face. I was panting heavily and my mind kept flashing back to what just happened.

Then, I ran...

Out the door, not closing it, passing strangers on the way. I ran so fast the everything was just a blur. It felt like this was all just a dream again, like I'm in a loop. Do you ever get that feeling? Well, if you did, that's what I feel like I am stuck.

But after a while, I just stopped. I stood there, not even panting. It was like I wasn't even running. But, I felt like I knew where I was going and why.

Suddenly, I was walking, slowly but surely. Right in front of me was the tree. Something was there, and i could feel it.

"I know your here, just come out." I said from the bottom of the tree.

I got no response right away, but I knew someone was there. I could feel the presence. Though I could've climbed up, I stayed on the ground and looked up into the branches.

The wind was blowing, making my hair go every-which-way. It went through one ear and out the other, like words that you don't need to listen to. It let off a soft noise as well, which made the leaves rustle each other. But through all of that, I finally saw something.

"Come down." I demanded.

There was silence. As for that, even the wind stopped, which was actually surprising. Well, now that I think about it, it's not.

"Why would I?" A voice responded.

I grew stiff. It's like reality just checked in with me. It hit me like a boulder, and I had to check my surroundings. I was in the meadow, standing in front of the tree. What I didn't even realize was that I had my sling around my shoulders.

I looked back up the tree. I realized that I couldn't just stand here and make that person, or whatever it was, come down on their own. If I were to see them, I would have to do it myself.

So, that's what I did. I started to climb the branches. As I got higher, and closer to my spot, the more I got light headed. I didn't understand why, but I knew it wasn't okay.

When I got to my spot, I put my bag in my normal spot. I plopped down and put my head against the tree. Then I screamed, so loud that the people at the park could've herd me. Then it got quiet. Too quiet.

I opened my eyes, my head in the spot. I slowly pulled up my knees to my chest while my arms were wrapped my legs.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a single, hot tear drop on my knee. But I didn't care, I let them fall. I knew this was all for nothing.

Just as I thought things could get any worse, the wind picked up which dropped my bag. I reacted quickly, thinking I could grab it on time, but I was too late. I didn't dare to watch it fall and know all my stuff would be ruined.

I cried and cried. I don't know how long I stayed up there but I knew it must've been long. My face was buried in my knees as I cried my heart out.

"Is this yours...?" A voice asked