HAVOC 014

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

did some editing this chapter was originally written in third person. though all of the chapters were all in first person. so i had to edit.

once again i love you guys

*******

I felt so confused but at the same I was in a debate wether I should ask why the hell did Baekhyun hyung be worried about my safety this early and this sudden or not... i was also in a debate wether I should hug back or not...  I went frozen and it was weird as if the world just turned slow motion. 

my eyes turned to kyungsoo and saw his face as he mouthed "comfort him a little,  you doofus." so I... even with a huge hesitation, i gulped and just gave baekhyun hyung a soft warm pat on the upper back and hesitated on touching the dip over his hip... Obviously kyungsoo was still disappointed and palmed his face. 

i was surprised baekhyun's hug got a little tighter but a little angel came inside and pulled his eomma's shirt. "eomma." he called as he rubbed his cute eyes. 

Baekhyun suddenly pulled away in shock... He was also shock at himself, of course he hugged me impulsively, i guess.

"Eomma, why are we here?" taehyung yawned and blinked twice at his eomma. "aish." baekhyun felt airheaded as he complained even if it was meant to be a whisper but i  heard him anyway before he picked up his little one.

"eomma just wanted some coffee." baekhyun told taehyung-aegi as he smiled at his very sleepy baby. 

"okay..." tae just yawned again again and laid his head on his eomma's shoulder to sleep again. And i was just standing there like stiff pillar trying not to move and trying not to be that obvious that i was completely still shocked about his hug.

"ehem... " kyungsoo faked a cough and thank ghad i  suddenly got back to my senses and I offered help with a shy smile "would you like me to hold him as you order?"

"thank you yeol." baekhyun bit his lower lip obviously to hold back his smile as he hand taehyung to chanyeol to carry a heavy five year old. 

As baekhyun ordered a macchiato with four shots of espresso and a guilt free slice of chocolate cake. i held taehyung in may armas and patted his back lightly and i almost felt like crying when i heard the child whispered "Appa" in a still-in-dreamland way.

i smiled and wanted to scream but i needed to held that back especially when baekhyun was already infront of me.

Baekhyun was about to take taehyung from my hold but i refused. "hyung,  you should eat first. I'm okay with holding him..." i paused as we made eyecontact "it's my job as his babysitter." i added sincerely. 

Baekhyun nodded with his lips sealed tight. "I'm sorry about what i just did chayeol." baekhyun hyung paused and breathed deeply before he said. "i'm just worried." firmly. 

i blinked and told him honestly.  "it's okay hyung. I was just shocked. I guess."

"i'm so sorry...  I sometimes had dreams about people... Uhm..  People... " I sensed a tinge of hesitation from hyung's expression when we made eye contact "People killing people... People that i know"

"aish!" kyungsoo suddenly yelled startling both baekhyun and I. "sorry i dropped my contact lens." kyungsoo giggled and just got back to checking the cookies. 

"it's okay hyung..." I said wanting to give a reassuring pat on his back or arm or hand that i can't actually do, or else it might be awkward for him.

"really?" baekhyun might felt guilty.

"really." i smiled and i noticed baekhyun hyungs's ears became red. 

"so it made me think of how you can defend yourself and taehyung if you are out in public." baekhyun acted casually but i can sense a little concern in his forced laugh. 

"uhm...  He'll be safe with me." i was sure about it but seeing the worry in hyung's face caused this nervous feeling making me think that baekhyun hyung mustbe having second thoughts of entrusting taehyung to me.

baekhyun stared at me as i tried not to sweat, he touched my chin and suddenly asked out of the blue. "Have you taken self defense classes or do you even know how to protect yourself?" 

I suddenly felt awfully intimidated...  Baekhyun should have obviously ask this kinds of things during my very first interview. But he didn't the only condition was having the kid's authority to call me appa and not this kind of stuff...  Self defense martial arts... So i just said "No hyung..." i studied baekhyun's nod in disappointment and before baekhyun could speak up i blurted out "but i do have a taser"

Baekhyun's face lit up in a sudden and ask "Do you have it with you?"

i suddenly bit my lip and said "I left it at home" with such disappointment in myself...  Even if i was telling the truth. my dad gave it to me.

Baekhyun firmly told me "Yeol, you have to protect yourself at all times you don't know what kind of people are out there. And you have to protect my son." baekhyun's worry took over and he spoke like a worried and flailing chicken "You don't know what kind of danger might come along the way.  There are murderers kidnappers rapists... Aish anyone can be a criminal"

I said "Hyung, don't worry i can keep him safe." but baekhyun seemed to ignore my statement making me worried that i might lose this one job that i feel so relaxed in. 

"How about you take classes with us." baekhyun didn't thought of it twice he just blurted it out. 

"But hyung... don't you think..." i wanted to complain that it will be too much but baekhyun didn't have the ears to listen. 

Baekhyun breathed deeply as he held his forehead lightly then firmly covering his pretty face with both hands and said "I'm sorry... I just had a hard night" then he wiped off the creases under his eyes making me look at his face and made me aware of the bags under his beautiful eyes "didn't have enough sleep then when i tried i had a nightmare and yes...  weekends should be your days off. I am just asking a favor...  It is for your own good and taehyung's" the scene made me feel guilty 

"Uhm..." i looked back at kyungsoo and obviously kyungsoo wanted us to be together and gave me a nod.  "i guess i should." i scratched the back of my head somehow i wished to have dandruff to have an excuse instead of showing how naive i am. 

Baekhyun smiled genuinely and reached for my hand "You need this." clutching it firmly with both of his hands. wow he just have beautiful and soft hands.

i took a glance at his hand then looked at my much pleased boss infront of me and somehow i didn't move and just felt baekhyun's cold hands until they became warm as mine "Okay hyung but..." i tensed up making me pull my hand of and stroked taehyung's back so it wouldn't be too obvious that i savored the moment.

"Don't worry about the payment...  Think about it as a paid seminar workshop by your employer" baekhyun was just so relieved that I, taehyung's babysitter is willing to take self defense classes to protect his baby.

"Okay hyung thanks..." I didn't know what else to say...  i am just shocked that hyung wanted a body guard and not just a baby sitter for his child

When the sweet aroma of blueberry muffins lingered someone suddenly woke up while pointing at the freshly baked muffins come out of the oven "Eomma...  Appa... Baegopa..."