Chapter Twenty Nine

A/N (PLEASE READ): Hi everyone! I wanted to remind you that, sadly, this book will be ending soon (maybe another 10 chapters or so?), and will be receiving sequel in time. But for right now, I started working on another project, which I think you all will enjoy. It's an Edward x reader fan fiction, with a really interesting plot, I hope. It's called 大好きだよ, I love you  ,  also called I love you, I love you. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you could at least read the description or even the prologue (which I just released), it'd mean a lot to me! I think you would like it. Let me know what you think of it in the comments on the prologue so I can know if you guys like the idea. It would mean a lot if you could!

Thank you for 42k! I can't believe we've made it this far, guys! I also really enjoy all the sweet compliments and the funny comments you guys make. I love reading them. Leave me some good comments to enjoy ~

Okay, enjoy the chapter!

Soon enough, sadly, Ed had to let go of your hand. Roy arrived back into the room the three of you remained in, with news.

"Now that that's out of the way.. we need to head out quickly. The sooner we find out where this group is located, the sooner we find Mr. Aldaine, as well as their purpose." Mustang looked at you and at your tear-stained eyes. 

"Right. Are the three of us going as a group?" You responded.

"Yes. Actually, your group has the most soldiers, since 'AHAS' seeks interest in the three of you. We don't want anything bad happening to you."

Ed rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. We'll be fine, Colonel."

Colonel Mustang laughed. "It'd be nicer if you weren't so short-minded, like your well being." 

Ed stood up. "What'd you just say?! I'm not short! You people are just big!"

Colonel laughed some more. "Oh, and you're short-tempered. How about your favorite food? Is it shrimp?"

You and Al started laughing as Ed, now very angry, bickered and cussed and Roy. You knew that Roy was obviously joking. It was his way of lighting the mood after a dramatic situation, which you thought was very nice of him to do. 

"Just hurry up and get settled, we'll be leaving soon. Meet us out front when you're ready." Roy said, walking out of the room. 

"Yeah, yeah, get out already!" Ed yelled.

"Oh, leave him alone Brother." Al said. You sipped the glass of water Al had gotten for you.

"What do you mean, Alphonse?! Do you know how many times he made fun of my height? In a row?! At least eleven!" 

"Well, it is true." You murmured.

"Even you, (Y/N)?! Why is the world against me..? I can't help it I'm not as tall as most people! A man can't help his height!"

You laughed, choking on your water and had a random cough attack. You hated when that happened.

"Alright," Al said. "Lets go."

You smiled. "Right. Here we go."

The three of you walked out of the room, turning off the light, leaving it empty. Although the mood was lighter than it was before, you still had a feeling in your stomach every time you thought about the words of Mark. You didn't know what is was, but it was making you more nervous about this mission that you should have been.

When all of you got out front, there were ten huge groups, with maybe twenty soldiers in each, except for one, which had about forty. You all suspected it was your group, so you migrated there. 

"There they are." One soldier said to another in our group. "A pleasure to serve you, Mr. Elric and Mrs. (L/N). Just tell us our orders and we'll follow through." Another soldier said.

You and Ed smiled, and firmly nodded. The two of you, the group's leaders, walked to the front of the group and waited until it was time to depart. Al followed, and stayed in the line behind the two of you. Since Al wasn't a state alchemist, he wasn't qualified to lead a group or the mission. However, due to your's and Ed's requests, he was allowed to help out. 

"Alright!" Roy yelled from the very front. "We will be leaving now. If you find anything or anyone suspicious, report them to me or to another group nearby. Do not take any risks. Wait for backup. If you are faced head on, you may proceed and attack, but do not approach the enemy until another group or I am informed. With that being said, let's head out."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone said in unison. It sent chills down your spine. Not just because everyone replied with the same answer, but how confident they sounded. They all seemed like great soldiers, the kind you would see in movies. 

You headed out, leading the group. All of the groups split up as you all searched Amestris. Going down street by street, splitting up some of your soldiers to investigate buildings and alleys, and occasionally questioning citizens, you tried as hard as you could to get any information possible. At first, there was nothing at all.

Until, one of the soldiers from your group found something very interesting in an alley.

"Mrs. (L/N)! Come quick!" He yelled as he ran towards you. "Follow me. We found something that might be of use."

You nodded, motioning for Al to come with you and followed the soldier as Ed stayed behind.

You were lead into a narrow, dark alley between two average-sized buildings. Close to the end of the alley was a smeared transmutation circle drawn on the floor.

"This could be from anything.." You started to say, but you started to look around some more before you found something very strange. On the wall close to the circle, there were three faint lines in the shape of a door or an entrance of some sort.

"Good work," You responded to the soldiers, who seemed nervous from your evaluation.

You clapped your hands and placed them on the entrance, destroying the space between the three lines. 

To your surprise, it was an entrance. It was a secret door! But, from the looks of it, the door led to a long, stone hallway, which you did not know where it led to. 

"Alright! We're getting somewhere.." You said. "We need to go inform Colonel Mustang." You pointed at one of the soldiers and sent them to tell Roy. 

You and Al ran back, leading your group over to the alley, and prepared everyone. 

"Nice, (Y/N). How did you know it was a door?" Ed asked. 

You shrugged. "I had a feeling. It also stood out, since it was slightly a different color than the rest of the wall." 

He crossed his arms. "I wouldn't have been able to tell. Glad they called you over to look and not me." 

You blushed slightly at the compliment (if it even was a compliment). "Y-yeah.. I guess so." 

Finishing telling everyone what to do in case of an attack, you and Ed walked to the front of the group. 

"Okay everyone! Be prepared for anything, and don't let your guard down. We may be dealing with a lot of danger, so please be cautious. Lets move out." Edward said, not too quietly, but loud enough for everyone to hear him.

"Yes, sir!"

You took a deep breath.

The battle had only just begun.