Chapter One

It has been almost four years since you've seen Edward and Alphonse. When you ran away, you found a little town named Haven. You slept on the streets for a few days, until you got a job in a bakery to make money. Walking around in the small town, you discovered a wooden, abandoned shack. The roof was torn up a little, and the floor creaked, but the walls were strong. It wasn't big, but it wasn't too small either. It was what you called home for four years. The shack was in the middle of a grassy area with trees, close to a farm. You used the money you earned from working to buy food and other things you needed. Even though you were doing good, lots of people were rude to you. They thought you were an outcast because you were poor and lived in an abandoned shack.

But on that one particular day, everything changed.

It was an early Sunday spring morning. Dew was still on the grass and the sun was just rising. Birds sang and water from ponds glistened. It was beautiful. You put on your blue jeans and a breezy (color) tank top. You throw on your (color) slip on shoes and brush your (h/c) hair. You looked just as pretty as the morning day. You walked out the door of your shack and walked past the farmhouse. In the town, the smell of fresh bread and flowers was in the air. People were surrounding the fountain, where children threw pennies and danced around it. Parents watched, sangs songs, and talked. Looked like everyone was having a good day.

You reached the small bakery, which was two blocks from the fountain. You walked inside. People were sitting at the round wooden tables, eating desserts such as cake or pie while talking.

You went behind the counter and told your boss that you were there. You were a hard worker, but in your spare time, you practiced alchemy near your shack.

You started off your shift by baking some cookies and taking orders from people.

After some of the customers left, you were working by yourself. Your shift ended soon, thank god.

As you went to go bake a cake, you stopped in your tracks when the door opened and you heard a familiar voice.

"I just want a cookie or something, I'm starving." The voice said. You turned around to face the counter and saw those golden eyes, the same eyes you saw as a kid.

You slowly turned around, mouth widened.

As your (e/c) eyes met his golden ones, you both stared.

"Ed.. ward?"

"(Y/N)?"

"(Y/N)!" Alphonse yelled happily. You noticed he was still in his suit of armor. Edward was wearing all black clothes, his shirt long sleeved, with white gloves and a red cloak. His long blonde hair was braided, as usual.

You stopped working and went to go sit at an empty table. You started talking and laughing with the two. You talked for about an hour, sharing with each other what you've been doing since the last time you saw each other. Ed was a state alchemist, and traveling around, trying to find the Philosopher's Stone to restore their bodies. You thought that was very interesting. You started to remember about the Stone when you were a kid. You, Ed and Al talked about it while studying alchemy. You explained that you lived in a shack and how you worked here to get money.

Then you had the best idea.

You didn't want to ask too much, though- you had just seen them after four years. But you took the risk, knowing that he would leave soon if you didn't. This was your only chance.

"Edward," I said. "What if.. what if I came with you guys? To help you find the Philosopher's Stone? I'm not weak like I used to be. I'm a great alchemist! I can help!" You said convincingly.

They both looked at each other, probably because they weren't expecting this.

"I don't know about this (Y/N)... What if you got hurt?"

You looked down.

"Didn't you say that the last time you turned me down? I'm not weak anymore. I've been practicing alchemy for four years now.. I can help you guys..."

Ed and Al exchanged glances once again.

"(Y/N)... This is a hard decision. I don't know if we should let you come with us. It is very dangerous... but we do need help... so we might consider it." Al said.

"Alright then (Y/N)! Do you think you're good enough to become a state alchemist?" He grinned at you.

Your eyes widened with excitement.

"Yes, of course!"

"We'll take you to Central today, then. State alchemist tests are this week, starting Wednesday. That means you have two days to study as hard as you can. Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked once more.

"Absolutely." You stated confidently.

"Alright then. We should get going!" Al said.

You were so excited. You got to quit your job and actually live in a quality place. The owner of the bakery, Mr. Madomi, was sad that you were quitting, but you told him it was for the best.

The best part about it was that you got to be with Ed and Al once again. You looked back at how stupid you were when you ran away. You could've seen Ed and Al much more. But things would be different now.

Ed was a little taller than he used to be. You wonder if Winry still makes fun of him about how short he is.

Then you remembered Winry's warm smile. You haven't seen your best friend, Winry Rockbell, in four years either.

"Edward," You said while you walked with Ed and Al to your home. "Will we be visiting Winry and Granny anytime soon?"

Ed shrugged.

"She worries about me too much. She always complains about how I break my automail a lot, and she throws wrenches at me. We might be visiting soon to get my automail upgraded so it lasts longer." He said, using an annoyed voice for how much she complained.

You laughed. You really did miss her.

"That would be great. I really do miss her." You said, clinging on to your breezy tank top.

The afternoon sun warmed your back as you all walked toward the wooden shack. You stepped on the creaky step, entering the door. You grabbed your things and packed up while they waited for you outside.

You look around once more, to see if you forgot anything. You then notice something on the floor, stuck between the floorboards. It was a grayish color, and you then recognized it as the clay elephant that you made as a kid. Ed fixed it for you when Al dropped it.

You smiled and picked it up, putting it into your bag. You opened the door and breathed in the warm, musty air one last time.

"Alright," You said. "Let's get going."