10 | 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕'𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕛𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕤

chapter 10
___
"ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ʙᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪꜱ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴇꜰ."

This cover above was made by nataliahastings681! She's new on Wattpad and has devoted most of her time making covers and banners for others

This cover above was made by nataliahastings681! She's new on Wattpad and has devoted most of her time making covers and banners for others. Go check her out as well. (Trust me, she's better at this now)

 (Trust me, she's better at this now)

...Lucas

I didn't want a mate. I didn't need one. I didn't ask for one and I never expected one. Yet there she was, with her fiery green eyes and flaming red hair, a force to be reckoned with. The Moon Goddess had really done me in this time, as if everything that had come before her wasn't bad enough. The problem was, Melanie wasn't bad. She was one of the only good things I had going for me, and that's why I was so scared. There would be a lot of people after her, thinking she'd be my weakness. They wouldn't be wrong. 

Now that I have a mate, all I can do is think about her. She's annoying and stubborn and can give me a migraine with her persistent arguments but it's not like I'm not any of that and I don't do any of that. My siblings make sure to remind me that I do, every single day. Even after the incident, she's not afraid of me. I don't want her to be, but still, she should be more cautious around me. My last-minute decisions always have horrible consequences, despite happening for a good reason. 

Jake, my wolf, absolutely adores her. Stubbornness and all. But we're an Alpha and more than me, Jake wants submission from everybody. Including his mate. Alphas were made to be obeyed, admired, respected, and looked up to. 

'She's asking about the wolf in the cells. Michael. Her Beta.'  My brother links me, out of nowhere as I watch the swaying trees from my balcony while my brother and mate trudge through the dense forest. I don't know why I had just sent her away, to go on to the hospital for a checkup without me. Especially after those rogues had infiltrated my Pack and decided to put their filthy hands on my mate.