1 | 𝕥𝕪𝕡𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝕔𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕙é

chapter  1 
---
"ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ."

**Might seem like a bit of a cliché at the beginning, but I can assure you it's far from any other book you might have read! Keep reading if you want to prove me wrong haha**

...Melanie

"Melanie! Dad's calling! Get your fat ass down here!" Jackson, my older brother and soon-to-be Alpha orders. I really wish he wouldn't become Alpha since he's already bossy enough. I don't want him being my Alpha, at least. BUT, he IS my brother and I would support him through anything, especially such a huge change as becoming Alpha of the Pack that our parents fought and struggled to maintain.

"Coming!" I yawn and roll off of my bed, slowly shuffling towards the large en-suite bathroom. Ignoring my brother's comment about me being a fat ass, I decide to get payback later. I'm used to these little back and forth banters we have and we both thoroughly enjoy them being as close as we are. But anyway, you know what they say -- 'payback's a bitch!' Maybe hot pink dye would be suitable for his curly, blonde hair. Then he'd get the attention he craves to have all the time, although maybe not in the form he'd prefer.

Onto more pressing matters: the Alpha of the supposedly most deadliest Pack around, Alpha Lucas of the Blood Moon Pack, was coming to settle a peace deal with our Pack, the Silver Wolf Pack, today. I'm not joking when I say 'deadliest,' although I don't personally believe it myself.  People piss in fear of him and his Pack. Which is why my peaceful slumber had been disrupted. We all had to get ready, being a part of the Alpha's (my father's) family. My mom was the Pack's Luna, and I was simply the Alpha's daughter. A respectable girl that some disgusting male wolves around the world would want to mate with just for the sheer joy of it. It's happened before. Not to me, of course.

I was now almost eighteen and I still hadn't found my mate, not that I was exactly looking forward to it. I enjoyed being my own, free person. My friend's mates' were overly protective and controlling; I didn't want that just yet. I wanted to be able to discover what's outside the suffocating protection of my pack on my own before settling down. Jackson, being my twin, hadn't found his mate either so we were stuck in the same joy-filled boat.

Our parents' were getting tired of waiting for our mates to show up and had said that if we don't find our mates by the age of twenty, we would have to 'choose' a mate. So in my case, I'd get mated to some other Alpha. Jack was the only one who would get a say in choosing his mate. He would have to find someone who would perfectly fit the role of Luna and someone who'd be beneficial for the whole Pack. For me, it would most likely probably be an Alpha whose mate was either dead or un-found.

Alpha Lucas had been a big part of the conversations between the unmated females in the Pack. I'll admit, even I had gossiped about him with my best friend, Milan. From what we heard, it is said that he hasn't found his mate yet, and is still searching. It is said that he is an extremely attractive young, powerful man. These aren't my words, just statements I had heard floating around throughout the Pack! I'll have to see so for myself because I know, firsthand, how rumors are. Another rumor also says that he will reject his mate. That he has no need for a mate. That a mate will only weaken him and his strong Pack. That he's never searched for a mate.