The show

I was in New York trying to see the sights. I began my walk to find a restraunt to eat at, when I noticed a huge group of people crowded around a theater right in front of me.

"Guess I will walk around the back" I thought go myself.

I looked to my right and found a small alley that would take me around the people. It was so dark that I didn't realize there was a door a short ways in front of me. Nor did I see it being opened.

The door opened quickly and took me by surprise. My quick reflexes made me jump back, but I tripped on a box and fell over.

"Are you okay?" A worried voice cane towards me.

Their hand reached towards me and I gladly took it, "yea I'm fine just didn't see that door. Just my luck" I laughed.

The boy was tall, I couldn't make out many of his features due to the darkness.

"I feel terrible about hitting you with that door," he rubbed his neck. "I'm Collins by the way."

"Nice to meet you collins, I'm Mary."

We both started walking into the light, the first thing I noticed was his bright blue eyes.

"So what are you doing in New York?" He asked, taking me out of my gaze.

"Just visiting, this is my first time visiting New York. What about you?"

"I am performing, I'm a magician. I know I could invite you to my show and show you around town!" He said excitedly, "That will make up for me hitting you!"

"Works with me," I replied happily. "So your a magician?"

"Yea I was on America's got talent a few years back and now all the girls dig me."

I laughed, "With your eyes I'm sure they do."

"I'm the real chick magnet." He joked back.

"So wheres your girlfriend then?"

"Don't have one," he replied "and I know all they guys are looking to date you so where's your boyfriend?"

"Don't have one"

"I have a solution to both of our problems." Collins smiled, "you go on a date with me."

"I have literally only known you for ten minutes."

"My dad asked my mom to marry him on their first date. I'm sure we will be fine."

"Wow your dad works fast." I laughed.

"So will you accept my date proposal?"

"I guess I'm okay with that."

"Awesome!"

He stuck his arm out and I wrapped my arm around his like in the old timey movies.

"So milady where shall we go to?"

"Well kind sir, I have no idea where I am going so I suggest you choose."

He walked us around for a little while until we stopped at a little restraunt near the water.

He opened the door for me and had me walk in first.

The man behind the counter showed us to our seats and handed us our menus.

I layed my menu down, "I'll let you pick out my food, since I have no idea what any of this is."

"You don't get out much do you?" He laughed.

"Normally if I go to a restaurant i just order chicken. When in doubt you order chicken. But I am willing to try something new."

He just gives me a weird look.

"What I like chicken," I replied seriously.

Collins ordered both of our meals and the waiter took off towards the kitchen.

"So where are you from?" Collins starts off the date.

"A small town, away from the city, in the woods from wrong turn. I'm just kidding, that's a few hours away."

"You could be a comedian."

"I'm sure that's possible. I get shy when I am on stage. I don't know how you do it."

"It gets easier,"

We talk for what feels like hours and eat away at our food. Once we both finish, Collins looks at his watch and started getting up.

"If we don't hurry I'm gonna be late."

After much protest, I allow him to pay the bill. Then we proceed to call a cab to take us back to the theater.

When we arrive, the driver had to take us around back to avoid the hundreds of girls blocking the entrance.

"You've got a lot of fans," I say getting out of the car.

"They arnt just fans, they are the keyper family. Without them I wouldn't be here."

"That's really sweet."

When the show starts I watch from behind stage as Collins walks on stage. The whole audience screams as they see him walk.

"For my first trick, I would like to transport money with my mind. I will need a volunteer and a bag of sealed chips." He looks around the room at the hundreds of raised hands then turns to face me, "Mary will you bring that bag of chips behind you and come on stage please."

I freeze for a moment, then as if I'm being controlled I start moving. I grabbed the bag of chips behind me and start walking on stage. Everyone starts cheering.

"Guys this is Mary, I met her today when I hit her with a door."

"Uhhh hi everyone," I say shyly.

"I ship it!" Some girl yells from the back of the audience.

I could feel my cheeks blushing. When I turned to look at Collins he looked like a tomato. I laughed slightly.

"Oh my gosh! He's blushing!" Some girl in the front screamed.

"Okay then, back to the trick. Mary will you please make sure this is a sealed bag of chips."

I looked it over and confirmed it was sealed.

"Now look at this dollar bill to make sure there isn't anything out of the ordinary," he took the bill from his pocket.

It was normal.

"I'm going to sign this bill with a sharpie," he signed the bill, "then I will make it teleport into that bag. Please put the bag above your head and step away from me."

I backed away far enough to where he couldn't touch me.

He started folding up the bill and pulled out a lighter. The bill caught fire, he threw it up then caught it. He opened his hand and blew on it, but nothing was there. My eyes went wide.

"Now I want you to open the bag and tell me if the bill is there."

I opened up the sealed bag and looked inside. I reached inside and pulled out the signed dollar bill.

"How did you do that?" My eyes still examining the bill.

"A magician never reveals his secret," he responded.

The croud went crazy and I returned back stage still bewildered by how he done that trick.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for all of the reads!!

If you have any suggestions or requests please tell me and I will try and work on them. Dont be shy.