Freaking Perfect

pairing: john laurens x reader
description: songfic to f****** perfect by p!ink.
warning: y/n is depressed.
Words: 586

————————————–

made a wrong turn once or twice

a lot of times, people would be picking on y/n. saying that her hair was repulsive or that she simply looked like a rag doll. this sometimes led to fights between her and whoever decided to pick on her.

dug my way out, blood and fire.

every time something like that happened, john would be there. always being her knight in shining armor. even after her many suicide attempts.

bad decisions, that's alright.

y/n would sometimes try to get rid of all her negative energy by getting... um.... drunk. she would steal her parents' alcohol from the basement and not pay attention to how much of the toxic liquid had left the glass bottle and entered her system. but she stopped. she hated throwing up every time.

welcome to my silly life.

one day, her school was doing something at an assembly called "the stripped down challenge" where students would talk about their early lives and struggles they've been through. y/n decided to go up.

she used so many adjectives to describe her life. but all of the adjectives were scary, horrendous. she told a story that could literally make anyone rethink their life.

"my dad started getting aggressive, raped both me and my mom. my mom almost died when she got a divorce and a restraining order because of my dad. then i moved to new york when my mom found a man who would take care of us the right way. because of that, i've sometimes felt that my presence on earth was too much. that i shouldn't be treated so well. that i should still be mistreated and mistaken. so i drank, cut myself, even tried to blow up my own house while i was alone. while i was in the house. then i met some friends that changed me for the better. that's all i want to say." she explained.

the whole crowd was in tears. even those who picked on her were in tears. she was in tears.

"y/n!" john called out.

y/n ran out of the gym. she didn't want to face anybody. even if it was a friend. she didn't want them to feel any pity. she wasn't worth it.
john finally caught up to her and hugged her close to his body.

"pretty pretty please, don't you ever feel that you're less than fucking perfect." he said, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

she looked her crush (I would say plot twist but this is the wrong time) in the eyes.

"why would you ever try to kill yourself? do you know how much you mean to me!" john said.

"i shouldn't mean anything to you, john. the only thing I should be drinking is an ice cold beer. not your compliments." she said.

"y/n, no." john said.

"stay by my side forever and never give up on anything. be mine." john offered.

y/n was so overwhelmed. first he's trying to keep her alive, and now he's asking her out! woah!

"i don't deserve you!" y/n said.

"if anything, i don't deserve you." john said.

he then pressed a kiss against her lips. for once, she felt fireworks. at that moment, she knew there was still hope. that john was sent from God as if it was a tap on the shoulder saying "It's okay, i've got you!"

{June 18, 2017 11:58PM}

{Edited October 25th, 2017 11:59AM}