Chapter 13

I huffed out another breath and walked to the castle yet again. I proceed to the gates, the guards saluting me quickly as I slump-walked into the gates. "Morning, Princess Akemi!," they say in unison. "Morning," I grumble. I had basically walked all the way over to the castle, not bothering to rush.

As I see my mother, a smile reaches my face and I approach her. "Good morning, Mother," I say cheerily, hugging her. "Oh! Akemi, you startled me," she said, hugging me back, "I never did finish talking to you about what happened to me during those two years, did I?"

I shake my head and we sit down as she stars telling me. "You haven't sang to us since you first left, I've missed your lovely voice," she says. "I know, Mother. But I've still been practicing, don"t worry," I say with a small laugh.

I spend the rest of the day talking to Mom about my job and how I got back, seeing as I forgot to mention that to her last time we talked.

~~~Time Skip Brought to You By Aphmeow~~~

I come home late at night and open the door to Shirayuki's room to see her sitting straight in her chair with a pen in her hand, book in front of her. She mumbles to herself something about falling asleep, before looking at a paper . A determined smile comes to her face and she stretches, going back to writing.

I decide not to bother her, as she's very hard to convince when she's already working on something. I quietly close the door and go back to my room, laying my head on the soft pillow and almost immediately falling asleep.

"Rise and shine, Mei!," Shirayuki says, pulling off my blanket and sliding open the window. She sticks her head out and takes a deep breath as a shrink back and forth from a ball into a stick.

"The Sun is shining on the place I've chosen, including us, Akemi. That warmth nourishes the choice I've made, an illuminates new feeling within." I deadpan at her as she turns around to look back at me with a smile. "Yeah, yeah, let's just go wherever you want already. I know you're just dying to explore Clarines and Sauron," I huff out, yawning, "Just let me brush my hair first."

------

"Oh, so you wanted to go to the castle," I groaned, "You know, if you could've told me this yesterday, I would've definitely just stayed here instead of walking back and forth." "Oh hush. And besides, it was only you that they said they needed. I just thought I would tag along because you probably would just go to the Town Square," she said, jokingly.

An elder man in front of us pulled out what seemed like a badge from his coat, showing it to a young guard before he continued his way into the castle with a carriage of stuff.

The guard then proceeded to turn to us and say, with much more enthusiasm than needed, "Hi Shirayuki!" The other guard greeted me first, which I nodded back to in return, giving him a small smile. "Well, hello there," Shirayuki spoke. "Are you back to visit Prince Zen today?," the brunette guard asked. The blonde one, however, I eyed as Shirayuki answered. "Actually, I'm not. Mitsuhide and Kiki wanted to see me this time. So there's something I've been wondering. What's with that pendant that old man was wearing around his neck?"

"Oh! That's just his identification. Everyone that works in the castle has to have it. No one may enter the gates under any circumstance unless they have this badge." As the brunette talked to Shirayuki, I leaned next to the blonde one. "You seem really nice and all, but if you think about having any type of relationship other than being friends with her, I will personally come and get you before you can even scream "Bloody Murder", I whispered into his ear, cracking my fingers to add effect.

He gulped and nodded, before looking back to Shirayuki. "You're the exception Sh-Shirayuki. The prince gave us special orders, not to mention you know Princess Akemi over here." "Go ahead, you can wait at the entrance."

Shirayuki said her thanks and we headed to the doors.