Chapter 1

Hey guys, Raging Demon here. This first chapter takes place in Clarines when Zen, Akemi, and Atri are children. This is the day Mitsuhide comes. So, I'm extremely aggravated right now cause I literally just deleted this ! Screw life! Enjoy!

Quick Disclaimer: I don't own Akagami no Shirayukihime. It belongs to it's rightful owners.

The sunlight went through my window and into my room, waking me up. I yawned and started to dress myself. I put on some finger-less gloves that reached the bottom of my hand. My father, King Daro, and my mother, Queen Hana, never gave me a guard, always saying, "Our little tenshi can protect herself." He hired some people to teach me to fight. He even gave me money to buy my own sword when I was 6. It was about the size of me when I bought it. It had a light blue handle with a gold swirl from the top of the handle leading to the bottom. It has a carrier with a strap so I can always carry it or at least have it close to me.

I wear a short dress that reaches my knees that's light pink in color, matching my hair. I got my sword and put it in it's carrier, or more formally known as a sheath. I find the word weird, but I still use it. I put the strap over my right hand and my head. I hear 3 knocks on my door, meaning a servant is here. "Come in!" A servant comes in with a tray of food. "The king and queen are on trip and they won't be back for a few weeks. They have ordered me to serve your food in your room." She places the food on my desk next to my bed. I notice that it's a bowl of cereal and milk. "They also said to serve you bacon and eggs on the weekend. The king has informed me that you may leave the utensils and bowl on your desk and we will pick it up after you eat." "Thank you. You may be excused." She walks out and closes the door. I quickly eat my breakfast and put on my shoes. Mother and Father allow me to play outside for hours at a time. I love them so much. They always know what to do to make me happy.

I open the window after I neatly put the bowl and spoon on a tray and putting a note next to the bowl, letting the servants and guards know where I'm at. I tied my hair in a high ponytail. I got my basket of medicine, just in case. I put a hand on the window sill and jumped out. I landed on my feet and rushed to the gate. The guards opened it.

"Good morning, Princess. Off to Clarines again?," one of them asked. "You know it!" I ran to the boundary and to the castle gates, which is only 2 minutes by foot. "Good morning!" The guards opened the gates. "Good morning, Princess Akemi," they said in unison. I walked through the gates and into Zen's, Atri's, and my meeting place. The lime hair boy is in a tree sharpening an arrow.

"Ohayōgozaimasu!," I greeted. "Morning, Ami!" He jumped down while someone shouted Zen's name. We turned and saw Zen jump down. At the window was a teal haired man I've never seen before. Zen landed on the ground, but hurt his arm as he bumped into the castle wall. I started giggling while Atri was laughing. I looked up and the teal haired person was running down. "Who's the guy?," Atri asked. "My brother assigned him to be my guard. His name's Mitsuhide," the white haired boy said as he rubbed his injured elbow. "Let me help you with that." I put the basket next to him and started pushing his sleeve up him arm. "You're lucky it wasn't your whole arm," I said as I examined his wound.

I finished treating his wound, which took about 3 minutes, and we started thinking about things to do. I sat on a tree branch while thinking. "Picnic?," Atri suggested. "Did that yesterday." What is there to do? "Training?", Zen suggested. "Sure!," Atri and I said in unison. I jumped down from the tree and got in a fighting position. Atri sat down and Zen got in his fighting position. "Go!," Atri shouted. How did we train? Oh!

I aimed for a punch to his stomach. As it reaches his stomach, Zen blocks it and aims for a hit to my head. I moved away just in time. I kicked his feet from under him and he fell. He quickly got back up and tried to punch my sides. I quickly got out of the way and struck him from behind. As soon as I did, I heard a branch snap. I caught Zen and he stood up, along with Atri. "There's someone here," I whispered to Zen and Atri.

We looked and saw the guard known as Mitsuhide leaning against a wall. "You can come over here now," Zen announced as he holds my wrist. That's kind of weird, but I don't think I should talk. Mitsuhide came over. "It's rude to hide from a prince and a princess." "My apologies, Princess Akemi." "Apology accepted. Tell me why you were spying."

That came out more ruder than I intended it to be. I didn't really mean to be rude. He looks confused, but says, "My name's Mitsuhide." "So I've heard." "I couldn't help but notice you're here, in Clarines, fighting Zen." Wow, Prince Izana didn't tell him. "I go here a lot to play with Zen." "I see." Now, just to make sure he doesn't worry. "You don't have to worry about Zen. He trains almost everyday. He can protect himself." "Good to know. However, why is someone like you training?" Someone like you? Rude. "My father wants me to protect myself instead of having someone else protect me." Why am I even talking about this to him? This is awkward. "If you'll excuse us. We need to finish training," Zen said. "Right. My apologies, Prince Zen," Mitsuhide replied as he turned and walked away. I have a feeling Zen doesn't really like him.